Josh Pieters

"Time to get up!" Josh tells.
Today you were going to spend Christmas with him in South Africa and Caspar would be coming to but not on the same day. Joe is also coming but after Boxing Day. At first you were a bit hesitant when he asked you to come with him since this would be your first Christmas not being with your family. But it didn't really matter since your mum and dad have now split up and your dad has a completely different family whilst your mum is just managing to pay the bills and look after your little brother and sister. So it would never be a proper family Christmas.

"What time is it?" you ask.
"4:30, we have to be at the airport in 1 hour, do you think you'll be ready by then?"
"Yeah ok, I still have a bit of packing to do."

*1 hour later*
"Are you ready to go!?" Josh shouts up the hallway.
"Yeah coming now!" you shout back as you grab your heavy suitcase off the bed.

You get into the taxi that will take you both to the airport. You arrive at the airport at 6am, since it was winter it was still dark outside and it was FREEZING. Luckily you knew it would be the complete opposite in South Africa.

*Time skip*
You checked your bags in and arrived at the the gate with half an hour to spare after shopping in the airport. You decide to call your mum to let her know that you have arrived at the airport.
"Hi mum"
"Hi darling"
"We're just waiting for the plane now"
"Great, did your father tell you the news?"
"What news?" you asked concerned.
"Well we are getting back together, he's left his other wife and he's coming round later to move back in"
"What the hell mum!? No! Dad cheated on you he has two other children, his other wife is pregnant! You can't take him back!"
"Calm down darling, he's leaving her because she's pregnant apparently the baby's not his."
"Mum! You can't get back together don't you remember what he used to do to you!? I can't help you get out of the house when he locks you in the bathroom, I can't look after Sophie and Jake now and I can't be there for you anymore. He is a horrible manipulative man and you can't get back together!"
"Shut up! He's changed!"
"Whatever" you say as you hang up.
You put your phone back in your bag and burst into tears. Josh pulls you in for a hug.
"It'll be ok," he says.
"But it won't though will it? Mum has no control over him. Des she not remember the night when we had to RUN away from him!? When she was pregnant he would keep her locked in the spare room so no one could see her. He used to tell me she was sick. Then one night she went into labour and I had to pick the lock and get my little sister and run out if the house to safety. God knows what he's done to his other wife."
"I didn't realise it was that bad, I'm sorry baby but she'll be ok"
"It's fine I don't care about her anymore, the only family I need is you"
He plants asp kiss on your forehead and you are called to board your plane.

*Time skip*
It was night time now and you were sitting side by side with your feet dangling in the swimming pool water.
You wished you could stay in South Africa forever.