CB 9

Baekhyun walked out of Chanyeol's bedroom wearing Chanyeol's overly big sweatpants that are tied in a tight knot, and an oversized TVXQ tee.

"Why are you so big?" Baekhyun grumbled trying to push the shirt up onto his shoulder, it didn't work.

"Why are you so tiny?" Chanyeol chuckled.

"Whatever! It's temporary. We're going back to my house so I can change before our date."

Chanyeol perked up and started dancing with happiness," hehe DATE!"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and took Chanyeol's hand," Let's go, idiot."

Chanyeol linked their fingers together and smiled on the way out.

--

Baekhyun quickly changed in his room. He threw on his favorite pair of ripped skinnies, an ash gray sweater, and black chucks before practically hopping down the stairs and into a waiting Chanyeol's arms.

"Are you two going out?" Mrs. Byun raised her eyebrows.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol sprung away from each other, surprised that Mrs. Byun was standing there.

"Hi Mrs. Byun, I was just about to take Baekhyun out... on a date?" Chanyeol awaited Mrs. Byun's response.

Her mouth turned up into a smile, and she acted as if she were going to say something, but frowned shortly after," Chanyeol may I speak to you for a moment?"

Chanyeol nodded. Baekhyun grabbed his mother's arm and shook his head," Mom, don't..."

Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun on the forehead and smiled at him," It's okay, I'm pretty sure I know what she is going to say to me and I know how to handle it."

Baekhyun pouted and went to sit on the couch, while Baekhyun's mother pulled Chanyeol out of the room.

"Now, Chanyeol... I don't know what you know about my son but, he has been hurt in the past, he has some current issues that... I don't know if you can handle. I just... I want what's best for my son and I think that you should know that going out with comes with his past and his mental instability... and well... I just don't want my son to be hurt again. I almost lost him once. I don't want it to happen again." Mrs. Byun broke down as she spoke, you could see it in her eyes but she held her composure, trying to stay sane.

"Chanyeol nodded and gave Mrs. Byun an unexpected hug.

'It's okay Mrs.Byun. Baekhyun opened up to me about what happened to the past. I understand him. I didn't judge him. I care about him; I don't want to see him get hurt either. I'll protect him with you. I will keep him safe, nothing about his past effects how I feel about him, except maybe now I like him even more, now that I know how strong he has been."

Mrs. Byun let a single tear fall, wiping it away before Chanyeol could see.

"Thank you, you're a real sweetheart, Chanyeol. I'll leave my son to you."

Mrs. Byun pushed Chanyeol back into the living room, and left up the stairs.

"Are you ready to go?" Chanyeol smiled.

Baekhyun gave a hesitant nod.

--

"So what did my mom say to you?..." baekhyun blew into his hands, trying to warm them up. Chanyeol noticed and grabbed one of Baekhyun's hands, interlocking their fingers and stuffing it into his pocket.

"Put your other hand in your pocket."

Baekhyun did as he was told.

"So?..." He questioned.