6. Broken Bones

The wooden brown door loomed over Suga. Daring him to open the door for the person on the other side of the door. 

Suga rolled his eyes tiredly, "I don't even care anymore." 

Slowly, the door revealed Y/n. She shyly cracked an awkward smile at him and shut the door behind her. 

"I know I'm the reason Namjoon did that to you." Y/n said, settling down on his desk chair. 

"Who else do you think? You are too valuable to be in this gang," Suga said harshly. "Namjoon was stupid to even consider you staying here. You're just another troubled kid looking for a home." 

Y/n soundlessly gasped at Suga's rant.

"You're foolish also! You're as dense as Namjoon feigning indifference when he said he doesn't like you... a lot of people do, including--" 

Suga's sentence broke off abruptly. With flushed cheeks, Y/n's stared at Suga's wide eyes questioningly. 

Disbelief clouded Y/n's face. There was no way Namjoon-- My best friend Namjoon-- likes me. 

 "Don't lie to me... I only wanted a home with the people I felt safe with! Namjoon doesn't like me nor will anyone else!" Suga stood rigidly, not knowing what to do with his mind or body after hearing Y/n's outburst. Nothing was clear anymore.

What was clear was that her tone spoke volumes. 

"I hate it! I hate this wall you put up because you're too scared of getting hurt! That's not how life works Y/n, people hurt to learn, people hurt to live... we live to hurt! You can never grow up without suffering. But you, people who choose to run before discomfort could even reach them, you are a coward! A scared coward who's petty bullshit I can't take anymore!" Suga's trembling hand pointing at the door showed Y/n exactly what he wanted her to do.

Y/n stood with a motionless face. Y/n's brain couldn't register her surroundings. The only thing running through Y/n's head was his words, his powerful words. 

Suga watched Y/n walk to the door with a blank face. Clenching the door handle in your hand you turned around and yelled, "At least I wasn't the one who attempted to kiss me." The door shut tightly behind her with a resounding echo. 

"Fuck you too," Suga mumbled. Fatigue hitting him like a brick.

Y/n hastily walked to her room. Once closing the door softly, Y/n screamed in frustration. Y/n flopped onto the neatly made bed. Sleep almost took you under but only interrupted by a short quiet knock on the door. 

 "Come in." Y/n said in a faint voice.

Someone popped their head in and slowly cracked a smile. 

"Hey V. What brings you here on this beautiful day?" Sarcasm dripped in Y/n's voice. 

"May or may not have heard that fight happening down in Suga's room. But I was just wondering  if you'd like to grab a bite of ice cream with yours truly." V said in pretentious voice. 

Y/n chuckled, "Know what? Yes, I would love to get ice cream with you, my majesty." You hurriedly got dressed and soon was headed for the door with V by your side. 

Namjoon sat at the counter eating a sandwich with bandaged hands, his eyes suspiciously eyeing on the people heading for the door. V being V, he snuck an arm around you and slyly smirked at Namjoon as you reached the entrance. 

On the way to the Ice Cream parlor, Y/n and V laughed hysterically. Cracking jokes back and forth. Completely forgetting what drama they left behind in the house. V made things better, Y/n noticed.