Page Two; Team Sapphire!

Start from the beginning

"You won't get those pokemon if I have anything to say about it! Hugo! I chose you!" The flying type glided off his shoulder and glared at Rose. She simply shrugged "If you insist." She tossed out a pokeball and released a Weavile. "Weavile, use icy wind." A sharp breeze blew past Jordan and Hugo. "Use air cutter!" 

"Now use fury swipes." 

"Dodge it!" But the Staravia was too slow and was cut with a series of blows. "That Weavile is fast..." Brooke muttered to herself "Icy wind, again." Rose seemed bored with this battle, as if it was beneath her. Hugo couldn't handle it anymore and was sent flying backwards "No! Hugo!"

"Don't worry, Jordan! I've got this! Go Lukas!" The Eevee jumped off her shoulder and landed on all fours on the ground. "Weavile, use fury swipes." 

"Go at it with quick attack!" Lukas crashed into the ice type, but took a lot of damage from that fury swipes. "Lukas! Are you okay?" 

"Ee..Eevee!" 

"Good! Use tackle!" 

"Use feint attack." the two moves collided, but Lukas was sent flying back to Brooke's feet. "Lukas! No!" Rose laughed wickedly at her reaction and handed the bag of stolen pokeballs to a grunt "Well, that was fun, runt, but we should get going if we're going to deliver these pokemon to the boss on time. They all rushed out of the building, leaving the trainers and the professor behind. 

The pokemon were soon healed and Brooke was pacing impatiently "We have to go after them, Jordan!" 

"But how? We have no idea where they could've gone." 

"I know- but we can't let Team Sapphire have them! I just- ugh!" Jordan remained silent as Brooke continued pacing, thinking of ideas. Then on the floor she saw a white glove "Hey, isn't that one of the gloves the grunts were wearing?" She asked, picking up the white cotton glove in her hands, Jordan walked over to it and examined it. "We can have Titus track them down by using the scent on this glove!" 

"Great idea, Jordan!" 

"Hold on you two," the professor cut in. "I want these poor pokemon back as much as you do, but I don't know if this is the best idea." 

"Why not, doc?" 

"Well, this could be very dangerous, you two will be outnumbered. Perhaps it's best if we call Officer Jenny or Brooke's father?" 

"We can handle it, professor! Besides, we have our pokemon, and they won't be as prepared now for retaliation!" 

"All right, but if you realize you can't take them, please come back." 

Jordan reached down and held the glove out in front of his partner "Can you track them?" Titus stepped up to the glove and stiffed around it, carefully inspecting for the right scent. He nodded and barked, signaling that he picked up the scent and raced out of the labs with the trainers and Lukas close behind. 

He led them into the forest, needing a refresher on the scent every now and then. Finally he led them to a worn shack. "Is that it?" Brooke asked quietly "It can't be, at least not for the whole team."

"Well, even if it's some of them, they've got to know where the pokemon are." They stealthily walked along the side of the shack and they heard a few male voices from inside. They exchanged a nod. "Lukas! Quick attack!" He crashed into the wooden door, breaking it into pieces, thoroughly startling the members of Team Sapphire who were in there. "Where are the pokemon stolen from the lab!?" Jordan shouted, both of them glaring at the grunts. "You won't find them here, they're with Rose being treated by our scientists." 

"Treated?" Brooke echoed, confused. They put on a smug grin. "Soon they'll be fully devoted members of Team Sapphire." Brooke's heart stopped in her chest and she stared at the thieves in shock. "What are they going to do, beat them into obedience!?"  Brooke thought, horrified. "You punks are gonna tell us where those pokemon are right now, or else we'll force it out of you!" 

"What are you runts gonna do? Attack us?" they laughed disbelievingly. Jordan smirked and Titus prepared a flame wheel in his mouth. "Well, if you don't tell us, Titus here will get pretty mad. So I'll ask again, where are they?" 

Brooke, Lukas, Jordan, and Titus all arrived at the big building in the forest where the pokemon were being "broken in". All four of them rushed into the building and walked right into a lab where three scientists were working. They all stopped and stared at the teenagers when they realized someone had walked in on them. "Ugh, not you two runts again." Rose stepped over and glared at the trainers. "I thought I defeated you both at the lab. No matter, I'll leave you up to my scientists." She grabbed the three pokeballs and ran off down a hall. "Oh no! She's getting away!"

"Brooke, you go after her! I'll take care of these three!" Titus stepped forward and he released Hugo to help him. Brooke ran off down the hall and it wasn't long before she caught up with Rose and they sped out some emergency exit doors. "Stop, Rose! Give back those pokemon!" The woman stopped and turned to Brooke. "You just don't know when to give up, do you?" 

"Nope! Now hand them over!" 

"If it's a battle you want, it's a battle you'll get!" She threw out a pokemon and released a Glaceon and Lukas stepped out onto the field. "Recognize it? You might have one too if your Eevee were stronger." Rose taunted and Brooke glared at the Team Sapphire member. "Glaceon, use bite!" The ice type jumped forward and latched onto Lukas's ear. "Lukas, run to shake them off!" Lukas ran around in circles until Glaceon came flying off "Quick attack!" Lukas crashed into Glaceon before they had the chance to get up. "Glaceon, get up! icy wind!" 

"Iron tail!" Lukas' tail turned silver and he whacked Glaceon, sending them back to their trainer's feet. "What? No! This isn't possible!" She stared in amazement and returned her pokemon. The doors opened behind her and Jordan stood at Brooke's side, officially outnumbering Rose. "Fine, you win!" she threw the bag of pokeballs to their feet. "But you two won't get away next time!"