(11) Halloween

Charms class seemed to drag on forever as I thought of the feast that we would be having after class ended. Halloween was always the best part of the school year for desserts.
"Very well done, Miss Lupin. It's an excellent conflagration spell. Unfortunately the rest of the class is practicing their freezing spell." I blushed as I heard a few sniggers from the Slytherins behind me. I turned and gave them a sickeningly sweet smile, the twins joined me.
The Slytherins, three sharp faced boys suddenly stopped their chuckling and dropped their heads to carry on practicing freezing the water in their goblets.
At the end of class all the students practically ran down the corridors and I was among them when I spotted Harry and Ron in the courtyard. I rushed over to them.
"Hey guys."
Ron was in foul mood.
"It's no wonder no one can stand her," He said, talking about the charms lesson they just had.
" She's a nightmare, honestly." Suddenly someone knocked into me. I looked up startled and noticed that Hermione was running past, tears streaking down her face.
"I think she heard you." Harry said. He had also seen that she was crying.
"So? She must have noticed she's got no friends."
"Ron!" I scolded. "Be more careful with your words."
He grumbled an apology as Fred and George caught up with me.
"What's our little brother doing now?" Fred questioned as he slung his arm around Ron's shoulder.
"Get off!" He complained. The twins laughed before grabbing my arms and running past the two younger boys.
"Sorry!" I called behind me as I pushed past a group of second years. We laughed as we ran round the corner.
"Weasley! Lupin! No running in the corridors!" Called Professor McGonnagall.
"Sorry Professor!" I called back, slowing down to a walk, only to start running again as we turned another corner.
We burst into the hall and I gasped in delight. Live bats fluttered from the walls and ceilings and jack o lanterns mysteriously floated in the air. The feast appeared on the golden plates, Sweet treats such as treacle tart, eclairs, chocolate cake, cupcakes, jelly and much more. There were also savory options, chicken wings, beef, sandwiches, sausage rolls and crisps were only part of the selection. I sat across from Angelina and Alicia and we talked excitedly about the feast and the news that Harry was our new seeker. Wood had wanted it kept as quiet as possible so only the Gryffindor team knew as we had been training with Harry for the past week or so. I leant across the table towards Harry and asked him where Hermione was.
"I heard Parvati and Lavender saying she was crying in the toilets." He answered.
I nodded worriedly before turning my attention back to the food and Fred and George who were currently cracking their jokes. Suddenly the doors flew open and Professor Quirrell sprinted into the hall, his turban askew. As he reached the middle of the room everyone had turned to face him. The once joyful hall had turned silent, so quiet you could hear a pin drop.
"Troll in the dungeons..! Thought you ought to know." He cried before sinking to the floor in a dead faint.