chapter 24-He's not that bad, I guess

Start from the beginning

"...but I would like to have rain of your punches on me. Your fist feels like feather on my face, Mrs. Adams." He winked as grasped my waist and pulled me towards him which made me crush on his hard chest.

Damn! His chest really hurts.

I looked into his eyes, confused.

"So my punch is like a feather to you? Wanna feel the feathery touch, Mr. Adams?" I asked, sarcastically

He smirked at that.

"I would love to, Mrs. Adams" he winked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Now leave me. There's no one around. You don't need to act so lovie-dovie with me." I said trying to pull myself away from him.

"What if I say that I like you in my hands? What if I say I want to never leave your waist? What if that I say I want to keep you near my chest as long as I wish?" He asked without any emotions on his face. He had a stoic expression but his eyes were full of intense desire.

Uhh-oh...this isn't happening. I can't let the situation get complicated.

"Then I'll do this, Mr. Adams." I stomped on his foot.

This made his grip loosen around my waist.

"You are a wild and crazy girl!" He sat on his bed rubbing his foot.

You deserved it!

"Yes, I know." I said giggling.

I walked inside the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After brushing my teeth, I entered the bedroom and found Mr. Adams sleeping on his bed occupying more than half of the area.

I walked towards the bed and stood right in front of him.

I patted on his shoulder. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. He sat on the bed facing me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked crossing my arms.

"What am I doing? I am just sleeping on my bed." He said in a matter of fact tone.

"I can see that you're sleeping on your bed. If you'll sleep on the bed occupying more than half of the space then where do you think I'll sleep?" I asked, sternly.

He raised his eye brows and looked at me in amusement.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, confused. 

He smirked.

"It seems my wife is already tempted by me and can't resist the temptation." He said and stood up.

"Are you out of your mind? What do you mean by tempted to you? I'd rather prefer dying than getting tempted to you. Now move to your side. I need to sleep." I said rolling my eyes.

I don't know why the hell his bedroom has no big couch. If there was one then I wouldn't had to bear sleeping with this man on the same bed.

I walked towards my side of the bed and arranged the pillows.

"Ouch! That injured my ego." He said dramatically while moving to his side.

I rolled my eyes at that. He chuckled

I put two pillows in between us.

Can't take any risks.

"Why are you keeping these pillows in between us? Don't you believe yourself? Do you doubt that you won't be able to handle my closeness and would jump over me in the middle of the night?" He winked.

I showed him my fist for a hint.

"You know exactly how my punch tastes like, don't you?" I asked, sarcastically.

"How can I forget the taste of your punch and...your lips?!" He winked again.

I looked at him, angrily.

He's the only guy who have tasted both my punch and kiss.

What conclusion should I draw? I hate him or I lik...I mean I don't hate him?

It's confusing.

He smirked looking at me.

His smirk is annoying and amusing at the same time.

"Oh really, Shany?" I asked, mocking, stressing on his nickname; Shany.

"Don't call me, Shany. I hate this nickname." He said in a serious tone.

Okay...seems I held the right nerve.

Well done, Lara!

"Okay..Shany." I popped my tongue out towards him, teasing.

"You...!" he cursed, slightly irritated.

I started laughing looking at his pissed off expression.

Now I know how to irritate you...Mr. Shany Adams.

"That's just not funny. Stop laughing, Ms. Jones." He said rolling his eyes.

I couldn't stop laughing. I was laughing so hard that now my stomach has started paining. I put my hands on my stomach and tried to control my laughter.

"Umm...what your friend calls you...uh...yes..Lary!" He started teasing me calling my nickname in every other sentence he said.

Suddenly my laughter settled down and my face turned red because of the embarrassment.

I swear I'll kill you Ash-Ass.

Oh god...this is super embarrassing.

He is calling me Lary.

Stab me with a knife. How embarrassing!

"Stop it, Mr. Adams." I said in a pleading tone.

"It suits your personality, Ms. Jones...Opss! I mean...Lary." now he was laughing like there's no tomorrow

I think I want to just go up in the sky and explode!

Never thought..he'd call me Lary.

Awkward...

But you invited this, Lara. You shouldn't have teased him.

When he didn't stop laughing, I laid on the bed and covered myself fully from toe to head with the duvet.

I could feel that he also laid on the bed. His laughter was replaced by light chuckle.

"Goodnight, Lary!" He said, teasing.

I decided not to speak a word but then my inner voice reminded me not replying would be rude. So I greeted him back but not forgetting to add his nickname with it.

"Goodnight, Shany."

Tit for tat.

♡ Don't Forget To Vote♡