Chapter 32- Leaving the door open problems

"You're always the first thought in my mind

"You're always the first thought in my mind. When I get a text, or when somebody says my name in the hallway. But, deep down, I think I know it's never actually you. I'm never going to be the one that's swept off their feet by you , never going to have the privilege to be loved by you. I'll never be that important to you. I'm just the one in the background, the one you go to when your first choice doesn't want you anymore.
- excerpt from a book I will never write #688

There may be scenes that you won't like, but it's not that bad.
||

The little boy blinks his eyes open in confusion as he hears screams. A woman's screams to be exact.

In a panic he throws the blankets off of him like they are diseased and rushes to his door, he opens the door as silently as he can and follows the noises.

He stops at his fathers office. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion and places his hand on the doorknob, he twists it and the door opens. The sound that a door makes in horror movies is the exact same sound that his fathers office door makes.

The screams stop and he hears groans of pain, he looks into the office and gasps quietly as he sees his mother curled in a ball on the carpeted floor and his father standing over her with a brown whip that is usually used for cattle.

"Father, what are you doing?" He rushes to his mothers side, she shakes her head weakly.

"Go my child," she whispers. "Run Tyler. Run."

"But ma, I can't leave you here," moisture forms in his eyes, but he tries to be strong for his mother.

"Tyler, please. I don't want you to get hurt too!" She exclaims.

But she's too late, hands grip Tyler's neck and he gurgles on his own spit.

The boys own hands come up to his fathers to try and remove them and to at least get the hold to loosen the slightest.

"LET GO OF HIM HENRY!" Edna shouts, trying to stand but failing. Every time she just drops to the floor again, even the slightest movements hurt her freshly made deep wounds.

"It is your fault that he was born on this earth!"

"YOU HELPED!" She shouts, tears streaming down her face watching her little Tyler flail around for air.

"Fa...father," he somehow wheezes out.

His fathers grip tightens around his neck, Tyler brings his foot back quickly and kicks him.

Henry drops little Tyler and bends over in pain, Tyler rushes to his mother and helps her stand.

"I-I wish I could carry you," his lips wobble.