Chapter 46- Flipping the switch

I stare are Tyler who is out on the balcony, his arms leaning against the railing. It hurts seeing him like this, even after making love. I sigh and wrap the blanket around my naked body and stand up, I walk to the door that leads to the balcony and step out with the blankets following behind me. My hands tighten on the blanket that I'm holding to my chest, I reach out placing a hand on his bare back. Tyler doesn't turn around to face me for a moment but a minute later he slowly spins around and looks down at me; he looks at the blanket that's around my body- his eyes trail up then meet my brown ones.

"Tyler," I croak out, he looks at me tiredly and runs his hand over his face. He lets out a sigh, I know that it's getting too much for him. I know that but I can't let him turn off his humanity, because what's the point of living if you don't have your humanity on. He can't leave me, he just can't. I look at the floor and see a tear fall from my eye and onto the ground, his hands cup my cheeks and makes me look at him.

"Baby," he mutters and kisses my forehead. "What's wrong my love?" His thumb strokes my cheek, I let out a strangled breath and try not to cry. I place a hand on my heart and rub it trying to soothe the pain, I hook one arm around his neck and place my hand on the back of his neck rubbing it and playing with the hair on the back. Doing that the blanket falls from my body, his stare doesn't waver from my eyes though- out of respect and I'm happy he did that.

"Do....do you want to be with me?" He looks at me in confusion before he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"What the f*ck, of course I do. Why would you think otherwise, Shae?" His arms wrap around my bare waist and he pulls me to his body. I gasp in surprise and hook both arms around his neck playing with his hair too.

"Just making sure." I whisper, he sighs softly and leans down to capture my lips. My arms tighten around his neck and I moan, his hand slides down my back and under my butt. I don't care that I'm naked at this very moment, he lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist; he pushes me against the wall, his bare chest pressed against my own. His kiss is passionate and promising, a message behind it. I'll always love you.

He carries me inside the bedroom and gently places me on the bed, his lips seperate from mine and his runs up and down my sides. He kneels and hooks an arm under the arch of my back and lifts me to his chest. "I love you," he whispers.
||
"So how's he doing?" Sam asks, Amy sits next to her and they both look at me in worry. I sigh and look at the ground in sadness, I'd like to say he's gotten better but he really hasn't. I woke up with him screaming.... Tyler screaming.

"Not good," I murmur softly. "But he's keeping it together, for us.... for me," I smile softly. They both nod slowly and Amy sighs in defeat.

"I can't believe Alejandro could stoop that low and lie saying she's alive. Watch him he so desperate and broken, having a go at him when he's just as bad. Who does that?!" She cries out throwing her hands in the air in frustration. Sam and I nod in agreement, it doesn't make sense. And he even knew when his sister was here, he didn't say anything! He didn't admit that she was dead and he knew it!

"Where is Tyler now?" Samantha asks me.

"Well last time I saw him was when he was in bed and he said he was just going to chill all day. I hate leaving him alone like this, all upset when he could make very bad decisions because he can't handle it. But he promised me," I remind myself. He promised.... "But he said that he wants me to enjoy myself and spend time with my friends, maybe I should check on him?" They shake their heads.

"No. He needs time alone, Shae," Amy says, I guess she knows him better so maybe she's right. I sigh and grumble words under my breath, I see Sam sniffing the air and I look at her in confusion.

She wiggles her brows up and down while looking at me, "you smell of sex Shae." I feel my face heating up and I duck my head, looking at the ground. She had to say that? Best friends these days.

"Shut up," I hit her lightly. I swear she loves embarrassing me! Before she can respond the door slams open and Marcus and Eddie run inside panting. They look at me and I stand up, something's wrong. I can just tell.

"It's Tyler, Shae. We think he's going to turn of his humanity switch, he ran out of the house!" Marcus exclaims. I gasp and run out of the house, I try to pick up hid scent and when I find it I run after it. I can only think about stopping him. He can't do this. He just can't! I see him running, so I speed my pace up.

"TYLER!" I scream, he stops and spins around looking at me with frantic eyes. I stop in front of him and grab him by the shoulders looking him in the eye, "Tyler stop it. What are you doing?" He grips his head and let's out a scream. Gasping I take a step back, this is more bad than I thought it was.

"I'm sorry Shae, but I can't handle this anymore. There's so much pain. And I've felt pain before, but this? This hurts so f*cking much! Can't you see that I'm hurting?" He screams at me. He's not thinking straight and I know that he's hurting and he's just blurting things out.

"Tyler, I know you're hurting. But just hold on, things will get better soon," I reach out to grab his hand but he shakes his head closing his eyes. "If you do this then you're giving up on us... on me," tears fall from my eyes, he looks heartbroken.

"Shae I will always love you. But don't say that, it makes me sound like a terrible person!" He shakes his head, "I'm sorry." He closes his eyes and I scream, I scream at him to stop but he just blocks me out. He opens his eyes and a smirk appears on his face and in that moment I know that gone the kind, loving, caring Tyler and now is a broken hearted guy that turns himself into a monster.

He stares at me and chuckles walking closer to me, he runs his index finger down my neck. "I never thought that you'd give up on me, on us," I whisper taking a step back, I can't help it when the tears fall. "I get that you were in pain but you should've trusted me, you should have believed that I will always be there," for a second I see an emotion flash in his eyes before he smirks and walks off. And I'm left there... alone.

"So he really did it," Marcus whispers, when I don't respond he continues. "We need to bring him back, Tyler can make some bad decisions when his humanity off. We need a weakness, something that will make him feel then his emotions will switch on. He will feel so much guilt when he turns his humanity on, so what's a weakness."

Now I remember something, something that he told me a while ago. "I'm his weakness," I murmur quietly.
                                    ||
So he gave up :(

What do you think? Stay tuned for the next chapter guys!

Comment, vote, follow, share

Keely