chapter 1: the beginning of the end

"Hello everyone," Negan, perched on the balcony, shouted cheerfully. His loud, booming voice echoed throughout the large room, causing silence among us. Every one's eyes unwillingly drifted their gaze towards him.

"Hello, Negan." The crowd involuntarily muttered in response. He smirked, looking over the crowd of people before him. Negan leaned over the railing, clasping his hands together.

"You're probably wondering why the fuck you're here." Many shuffled among the crowd, uneasy and scared. He grinned, noticing the uncomfortableness amongst them. "Well," he sighed, "I just wanted to review the damn rules for the newbies and the people who can't fucking remember them." He hissed, his tone changing dramatically.

You could have sworn that his demanding eyes landed on you directly when he said the word "newbies." You gulped, stepping back a little. His eyes felt like laser beams, burning right through you.

"First of fucking all, I'm the leader, Negan, for those who didn't fucking know. And let's get this fucking straight. I own you. I own you and all of your shit, okay?" His voice escalated into a yell. He stepped back, crossing his arms. "Okay?" He repeated again, even louder.

"Yes, Negan." The crowd murmured again. You looked around, remaining quiet. You received many questioning, rude glances back.

He went on to describe all of the rules in vivid detail, making sure to  include the word "fucking" in every other sentence. Once he dismissed us, everyone quickly filed out of the room, eager that the meeting was over.

And, lo and behold, of course you were one of the last ones out of the room. You tried to push past people, hearing Negan's footsteps trail lightly behind you.

The hairs stood up on the back of your neck, and you shuddered to Negan's firm hand grasping your arm tightly. Your eyes widened and you gasped as he forcefully turned you around abruptly.

He released the tight grip on your arm. You involuntarily let out a a quiet sigh of relief. "Darlin'," he muttered, his voice a low growl. His hand slowly pushed your chin up, forcing you to look at him. You gulped, looking into his eyes.

His dreamy eyes, your subconscious whispered in the back of your head. You ignored it, pushing it away.

"If you, uh, need anything, just ask me, okay?" His voice softened and his expression evolved into a smirk. You had to stop yourself from raising a brow at his weird request. It had seemed so weird and unlike him.

You nodded, then turned around.

You practically ran, longing to get to the safety of your room.