Chapter 12

Manik and Nandini was sitting in front of the cottage. They left the college after their talk in library as they both knew it wasn'tr safe to discuss it there. So after leaving a mental note to Abhi, they left.

"I still remember our first meeting like it happened yesterday." a smile curved her lips as she laid back on the ground, her hands tucked under her head. Soon Manik followed. 

"You were this arrogant, rude boy who liked to play pranks on others. It was my first day in college and I walked straight into one of you famous prank." she chuckled lightly and Manik could only stare at her as she recounted their love story.

It was strange to listen to ones' love story like a stranger but that didn't stop Manik from knowing their story.

"Every one knew you. You were the Crown Prince, even though you were not a full vampire and many were jealous of you. But you-" she shook her head slightly and turned to face him "-you didn't give a damn about any hatred that came your way. At first I didn't know it was you who played that prank but when I saw you laughing at me, I lost it." she chuckled recalling what happened next.

"I walked up to you and gave a punch right on your jaw" Manik stared at her like she was crazy but didn't interrupt her.

"After that incident we never left a chance to embarrass the other. You even poured paint on me, in front of the whole college. And obviously I wanted to take revenge. So for the next few days I went through a lot of ideas before I finally decided my revenge. I planned to make you fall in love with me and  then embarrass you in front of the college by laughing at you." Nandini couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out, when she saw the horror look on Manik's face

"Don't look at me like that. You were not any less. You also had the same plan for me. But fate had other plans. We fell in love with each other so madly that, when we came to know about each other's plans we laughed like maniacs. But what we didn't know was that happiness doesn't last. Sadness always accompany it." A sudden shiver shook her body as her thoughts went to that horrible night that cost her, her life and love - Manik.

Manik scooted close to her wrapped an arm around her, tugging her close. Her head, involuntarily, went to rest on his chest.

"Wha-" his words were cut-off by Abhi.

"Guys" his voice came out in a scream. Nandini and Manik was fast enough to reach the cottage door just in time to catch Abhi from collapsing on to the ground. They placed him on the sofa and Manik went to take the first-aid kit.

"How?" Nandini was finding it hard to breathe. Blood was oozing out of a slash on his chest and his eyelids were dropping.

"They are back" darkness clouded his vision as he lost his consciousness.

Nandini jumped up hearing something fall down. She looked back and saw Manik standing there frozen. "Abhi" his voice was a mere whisper.

"Manik, he is fine. He is a vampire right. He'll heal fast." Nandini reassured him and made him sit on the single seat sofa next to where Abhi was lying.

"They know" Nanidni repeated over and over again.

"Manik we have to leave this place as soon as possible"

"What? Move? Why?" 

"They know you are here and you are aware of who you really are" Nandini was blabbering.

"Nandini...who is this 'they' you are referring to? And what does it have to do with me?" Manik shook her, holding her shoulder.

"There is not enough time to tell you Manik. I'll te-"

"I want to know now. I am not going anywhere until you tell me" he shouted leaving her shoulder, to run a frustrated hand through his hair.

"You wanna know? Then fine. They are the reason why you almost lost your life once, the reason why you lost your parents, the reason why your memory was wiped and the reason why you are a full vampire now."  she was breathing heavily, each breath was painful for her "they are the reason why I..I lost you" tears rolled down her cheeks as she sunk into the ground.

Manik could only watch her in shock. "A..am sorry" he whispered and sat beside her. "I wish I could remember. I didn't wanted to hurt you, but..." hr trailed off, knowing no amount of apology was enough. So instead he just held her close to him, running his hand through her hair and humming slightly. 

And before both knew they were both asleep.

Three of them was unaware of the pair of eyes that watched them as they slept.

"You won't be sticking around for long, dear brother" a cold voice cut through the silence of the forest, red eyes flashing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!! Am moving to banglore with my sister. So I don't know when I'll be able to update next. But I promise I'll try to update whenever possible.

I know their love story is not elaborated but it'll be - in bits and pieces of course - in the upcoming updates.

Thank you so much for you patience and support. And this time I won't disappear without finishing the story but the updates will be less frequent. Love you all.....