Chapter 3

Rest of the day passed normally and camly for Manik. He didn't cross his path with either Nandini or Cabir and gang. He was glad for that. But he was feeling uncomfortable the whole day. He felt like someone was keeping a close watch on him, following him but he ignored it. But there was one thing that didn't leave his mind, Nandini. Her soft smile that adorned her face when she was in library and her attitude. This was the first time he saw a girl being so bold, full of attitude. She was a bit strange but that was the most attractive thing about Nandini for him. In the first sight itself he could sense some mystery behind Nandini. And the all time topper ignored his heart and thoughts and again engrossed in his studies.

It was evening, the sun has started to set. Manik was walking to his home when he saw the saw bike parked infront of the forbidden forest. Last night's events flashed in his mind making him shiver and he ran.

------inside the forest---

In the cottage:

Nandini was constantly banging on the door. She was not used to waiting. Her patience reached its peak and she broke the door effortlessly and entered the cottage shouting "Abhi" but no response. She sat on the couch frustratingly. "Manik" she whispered and turned around but she didn't find anyone neither she could sense any movement. As she moved out of the cottage she lost that smell again. She came inside the cottage and sat on the sofa. "Manik was here?" She asked herself caressing the sofa.

"Hey Nandini, when did yoyou come? I see u did some great renovations" the guy mocked her pointing towards the door. "Abhi can't you be here. I told you I'll be shifting to town today and will be staying here with you and where did you disappear" Nandini asked frustrated clearly. "Chill doll, I just went to reduce my thirst. You knw right am always thirsty" Abhi said rubbing his lips with his thumb. "Shut up abhi. I have told you a million times don't call me doll. Manik was here?" Nandini asked seriously. "Yeah, yesterday midnight" Abhi also turned serious. "What? Midnight? What was he doing here at that time?" Nandini panicked. "I don't know how and why but he was very much wounded and scared. When I opened the door he fainted" Abhi explained in a serious tone. "But he was all fine when I saw him today." Nandini asked puzzled. "You didn't" Nandini yelled holding Abhi's collar. "Nandini wait. Leave. I didn't do anything. I promised I'll keep him out of harm till you come and I just did that. He is still same. I just gave him two three drops of my blood. You know right vampire blood is the best medicine and cure." Abhi said calming nandini.

"I have to find out how he came here. Thank you Abhi for keeping an eye on him" Nandini said making herself comfortable in the couch "and ya about the door, I'll fix it" she said. "Aaha don't worry about that. But what's the plan? Now you are here, when are you planning to tell him?" Abhi asked sitting besides her. "Not now. He needs more time. He is very shy and introvert. First he has to be strong and bold and when am sure he can handle the truth then I'll disclose it" Nandini said assuringly. "Make it happen fast. We don't have much time. We have to convince him before they find him" Abhi said. The mere mention of 'they' made Nandini furious. "They are not going to find him. You get me" Nandini asked throwing Abhi outside the cottage. "Am sorry" Abhi said standing up. "Am going now. I'll come after purchasing some important things" Nandini said and left.

-----manik's home----

Manik was sitting in his room after dinner. His thoughts were going to Nandini. No matter how much he tried his thoughts went to Nandini. He sighed and lied down on the bed to sleep.He was sleeping peacefully when he woke up abruptly. He opened his eyes to meet a deep red eyes staring into his. He was lying on his left side and the person was facing him lying on the bed. The only thing he saw was the deep red eyes piercing into his icy blue eyes. He blinked his eyes. As soon as he opened the eyes he couldn't find anything. He sat straight and scanned the whole room to find nothing. He forgot to switch off the lamp before sleeping, so he was going to switch off the light when he saw a note "don't search for me, you won't find me" "what's that supposed to mean?" He asked himself and switched off the light. He was lying on the bed tossing on both sides thinking about the deep red eyes he saw and the note. 'Kya connection ho sakthe hein' he thought to himself and drifted into sleep even before he could know.