Chapter 10

Manik's POV:

Vampires? What the actual hell. No, they don't exist. They. Do. Not. Exist. But I was too shocked to say anything. Were they trying to prank me. But why would they? My mind was racing with God knows what. I was shit scared. "V-Vampires?" I asked to confirm what I heard was right or wrong. Nandini started to walk towards me but I scrambled back to the corner - scared.

"Yes, Manik" she whispered, hurt. Why is she hurt? Aren't Vampires supposed to be emotionless? "Yes we are vampires" she said in a more firm voice. "So are you" Abhi was the one to add that. And that was enough to break my heart. I slid down the wall and sat on the floor, clutching my knees to my chest. "No, this is not possible" my mind was replying Abhi's words 'So are you' "This is not possible. This is not possible" I was repeating it over and over again. I don't know who I was trying to convince - me or them. Somewhere in the bottom of my heart I knew they were saying the truth but my mind was strongly rejecting anything that tiny part tried to say. 

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I froze. I tried to move away but the grip on my shoulder was too damn strong. I looked up to see Abhi looking at me, teary eyed. "Sorry" he mumbled and withdrew his hand but sat down next to me. I sat there frozen trying to grasp everything. "I know it's hard for you to understand this and - and" He was trying hard not to break into tears. Why are they so sad for me? "And we didn't wanted to tell you like this. But time is running out" Nandini continued. She looked away, a dark expression taking over her face.

"How?" that was all I could manage, my voice barely audible. I wanted to ask a million questions but I couldn't. It felt like I knew the answers but some how couldn't find them. 

"You are the Crown Prince" a shocked gasp left my lips but she didn't let me interrupt her this time. "You weren't born a full Vampire. Your father was a Vampire, but your mother was a human." Wait, my father is a vampire? 

"What? My father? How is that possible. He isn't a vampire." Was my whole life a lie?

"David is not your father Manik." I could feel all my resolve to stay strong crumbling down. I stood up and walked past Nandini and stood in front of a huge window. From there the forest, were we stay now, can be seen. The view was calming but I was far from calm. I wanted to scream, punch something. Before I knew what I was doing I punched on the wall, breathing heavily.

"Manik" I faintly heard Abhi and Nandini. My senses were getting fogged by rage. My life can't be a lie. It can't. I was so blinded by my rage that I didn't hear the crack or the loud thud followed by it. I looked beside me, when I felt two soft hands clutching my fisted ones. That's when I saw the huge crack on the wall and a huge chunk of it lying on the ground. I took a step back involuntarily, but Nandini held on to me. 

"It's the Vampire blood in your body. It increases you strength when you fell strong emotions - like now" she murmured softly, her eyes never leaving mine. I took a shuddering breathe, combing my hair with my free hand. "And my mother?" I asked, afraid of what I might here. Nandini looked away, biting her lips and I knew the answer. 

"Where are they? I asked feeling myself going cold. I guessed the answer by now but I wanted to know it from them. "No more" Abhi spoke this time, after a few moments of silence. I could feel myself tearing up. I took my hands away from Nandini's hold.

"So my life was basically a lie?" I asked, a humorless laugh escaping my lips. 

"No" Abhi whispered, coming to stand next to me. "What you have been living was a lie we had to create for you" he pauseed looking at Nandini as if asking her permission to continue. "So you can live" 

No one's POV:

There was a silence for a minute, the three of them looking out of the window, before Abhi spoke again "David and Leena knows who you are. They used to be your mothers' friends. Leena and your mother were inseparable, they have been friends from the time they were born. They knew your father was a vampire and they are also aware that you are half-vampire. After your parents died, they took you in. You were always fond of them and they treated you like their son even when your parents were alive. But we had to keep everything from you, otherwise you would've....' he trailed off. he didn't have to fill the next word.

Mum and Dad knows everything. I sighed again and hugged myself tightly. "that's why they behaved like that when they saw you, right? my question was directed at Nandini. I still refused to look at either of them. I was scared of what I might see in their eyes. "Yes" she whispered.

"How do you both know me?" this had been bugging me for a long time.

"We have been best friends, more like brothers, from the time we were babies." Abhi replied. I looked at him and saw a sad smile on his lips, like he was remembering some memories. "We were inseparable. We did everything together. Pranks, fun, fights, everything" he turned to look at me, he was crying now and I couldn't stop a tear that fell from my eyes. They had to pretend like they didn't know me, I don't know how much hurtful that was. 

"And Nandini?" I turned to her but didn't expect what I saw. She was crying, biting on her lower lips in an attempt to block the sobs that was shaking her shoulders. Blood was slowly flowing down her lips to her chin. Without saying anything she just left me there with Abhi.

"She is your fiance." and I felt my breath catching in my throat.