Chapter 11

It was hard than both Abhi and Nandini thought it would be. Telling Manik about his past and the truth about his identity was heart breaking. But what was more heart wrenching was that he couldn't remember anything even after telling him about his past.

Manik's POV:

"My fiance?" I was still unsure of what I heard. Maybe I misheard it?

"Yes" Abhi turned to look at me. "It was one hell of a love story though" he chuckled, with a far off look in his eyes. He was clearly going through some memories.

Love story? Things are getting interesting. But why can't I remember anything and Why don't I get any flashes at least?

"Abhi" I turned to look at him. His eyes were red but there was a small smile on his face. "Why can't I remember anything?"

No one's POV:

Nandini was sitting in Manik's usual spot in the library. Her eyes were closed and small streaks of tears were falling from the corner of her eyes.

"Am not good with words Nandu, you know that but I wish I can gather the perfect words to tell you what I feel for you. But am sure even those words won't convey how much I love you. You are the sun to my dark life and the angel to my inner demons. I don't know how I survived all these years without your love, but now I can proudly tell the whole world that am the happiest man alive. You make me happy, love me like am the only person that matters to you and I want to spend rest of the eternity making you happy and love you with all I have. So Nandini Moorthy, will you give me the honor of calling you my wife? Will you marry me?" Manik was standing on one of his knees, looking at her with all the love in the world.

Her eyes brimmed with tears of joy and she knelled in front of him unable to form any words. Instead of relying on her voice, she just grabbed his collar and pressed her lips to his in a passionate kiss. 

"Yes" her voice was soft, barely above a whisper but Manik had heard it and that was all  that mattered. "I love you" she whispered before pulling him into a kiss.

She was brought back to reality by the sound of the chair scraping on the ground. She opened her eyes slightly to look who it was. 

Manik sat next to her, not taking his eyes off her. He searched for her in the whole college, after talking to Abhi,  before he realized where she would be. When he reached his spot in the library he saw her sitting on his chair, eyes closed and legs propped up on the table - as usual. The only unusual thing was the tears that fell from her eyes and a small smile that played on her lips.

It wasn't hard to guess that she was lost in thoughts - or memories, perhaps - but he had to talk to her. Even though Abhi told him most of the things, there were still things about the past that he wanted to know from her - especially about what Abhi told him before he came to look for her.

"Manik" her voice was soft and it had an edge of nervousness.

"You could've told me earlier, couldn't you?" he refused to look at her. He wanted to talk and he knew if he looked at her he won't be able to stand the pain he'll see in her eyes.

"I could've told you earlier" she confessed "but not without causing harm to you" she continued. "You have been through hell and back before you lost your memories and I didn't know if I was strong enough to see you go through that pain again - even if it is by remembering the past." she looked away just when Manik turned to look at her.

He sighed "Why can't I remember anything? Or at least get flashes when you guys just told me about my past?" he knew the answer but he wanted her to tell him - not because he wanted to hurt her by opening that gaping wound she still carries with her , like Abhi said, but he knew that's the only way she can heal and he can help her.

"I..Abhi might have told you" she stood up to leave but Manik caught her wrist and tugged her back. She fell into Manik's lap and he wrapped his arms around her securely. 

"You are not leaving without telling me." He could feel her taking huge gulps of air, but he continued "Abhi did tell me what happened but I want you to tell me - everything, in detail" he pressed a small kiss on her shoulders when he felt them shake. "I know you blame yourself for what happened, but it wasn't your fault. I might've lost my memory, but am still alive because of you." he tightened his arms around her when her sobs began to intensify. He was still having a hard time coming to terms with Abhi just said, but Nandini needed him and this time he'll be there with her to face any obstacles that come in their way.

__________________________________________________

Hey guys!! sorry for the late update. I had some personal issues that needed to be resolved. But I'll try to be regular in my updates like I told I would.

Thank you all for the love, support and huge amount of patience you guys shower on me. I couldn't have asked for more. Love you all...