[ fifty-six ]

[ ELEANOR ]

     I drive my way to the airport faster than I ever thought. As soon as I park the car, I immediately spotted them. They are really quite many, if you ask me. Mum and Dad, Chrystian and his family — his mum and dad.
     Mum wave a hand on me, and I couldn't wait to hug her and dad — all of them! I run towards mum and hug her tight. She kissed my cheeks and hug me back.

"Missed you, sweetheart!" she run her fingers on my hair and giggled.

"I missed you too, mum!" we let go and I step towards dad "Dad?" He smiles and pull me for a hug. After dad, I come close to Aunt Mira and Uncle Jack to hug them, and lastly to Chrystian.

"Surprise!" He shrug and I slap his arm. "Aww. What is that for?"

"You could've told me earlier so I could prepare, or just even clean the house." It's not that my house is messy though.

"Where's the surprise then?" he smirked and hugged me.

     I miss my family, and when I say family, it includes Chrystian's. They're here for a vacation. And I think it's really too early for a vacation. It's Febuary.
     We wander around London as if they are a first time visitors. I swap with Chrystian in driving so I could spend time talking and listening to them.
     I got to spend my whole day with them — eat, shop, eat, shop — that I forgot about my fight with Danielle.

----

     After a week of having them here in London, we fly all the to Ibiza, Spain to have an early vacation and just wind up. It's really a good idea though. I miss being on an outing.
I'm lying on a blanket, facing the sun, hoping to get my fave tan skin. But mum always say I can't have it as my dad's blood is so strong that it would, probably, take days under the sun to turn my skin into tan.

"Hey, El. Can I talk to you?" Chrystian suddenly appears, sitting on my side.

"Sure. What is it?" I tuck my sunglass on top of my head.

"Only if you promise that you'll never be mad at me." he grins hopefully .

"Those lines seems to be something worth to be mad for." I chuckle.

"Let's have a walk." he extends his arms and I stare at it, thinking if I should take it or not. But I take it anyway. When we're far enough from our parents, he let out a heavy sigh before talking. "I have to tell you something."

"I know...." I say sarcastically but the look on his face is different from what I expected from that joke. He's eyes are open wide and open.

"Niall told you?" Niall? Why is he brought up here?

"Told what?" I almost laugh but then I remember Niall. Is this what I heard at Niall's room when we just got back from Paris?

"Alright, he didn't. Thanks." he whispers. "Kelly's pregnant." he says faster but just enough that I could catch it.

Wait... "WHAT?!!"

"I know, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you earlier." he scratches his head as he watches me.

"What do you mean 'earlier'?"

"She's almost on her 3rd month."

"Holy....WHAT?" I yell in disbelief. "Why didn't you tell me? Why now? And....you already told Niall, but why you didn't tell me???"

"I want to tell you personally. Niall just got the news a couple of weeks ago."

"You're with me in the past few months, Chrystian, but you didn't even bother telling it to me!" I burst out and start to walk away. Mum and Chrystian's mum sees us yelling and I even heard one of them says 'Here we go.' & 'They're really cute together, especially when fighting.' but I absolutely didn't mind them. I'm not happy on what's happening right now.

"Hey, El. You know, I'm sorry. Really. Kelly and I had decided not to tell anyone, except to our parents. Trust me, I wanted to tell you, right from the beginning coz I know we had a promise that NO SECRETS. But I have to choose and stick to Kelly's plan—our plan." He finally decided to breathe. I want to be angry at him. "El, I'm having a baby. You can't say no to a baby." He sighs and a smile slowly appears on his lips. He's right, who can say no to a baby?

"Alright!" I gave up. "But, so you know, I'm still mad at you." I glare at him.

"I know you are." He messes my hair and hugs me tight. "I'm sorry again."

   We tried to avoid that topic again 'coz it only reminds me how my best friend chooses his girlfriend over me. Yes. I don't like that. I spend the rest of the afternoon with mum and Aunt Mira.

"How you doin', my dear?" mum suddenly asks between serving me drink.

"Just fine, mum." I simply smile, completely shock on her question.

"What about you and that superstar boyfriend of yours?"

"Mum. Stop it." I chuckle, she knows I don't like it when they call Louis my superstar boyfriend.

"Kidding, dear." She laughs, "but really, how are you, two, so far. Especially now that he's away." She sighs looking so sorry for me, even though she tries not feel sorry for me but I could still feel it.

"It's not that the world don't have technology, mum."

"Do you know what's that, Stella?" Aunt Mira teases mum as she don't actually like the modern technologies. Mum doesn't even uses phone. She prefers landline, which I think is cute.

"Alright, whatever. But anyways, let's face the fact, Mira, that we actually thought Chrystian and El will fall in love with each other and Niall will be the bestman." They both start to laugh.

Yes. My parents and Chrystian's parents and also Niall's are very vocal about how they really thought about me and Chrystian falling in love, because we've been together and did thing together since we were little. And because they were very vocal about it, it somehow made me go on the corner and think about it and what if we fall in love with each other.

Yes, Chrystian is handsome.

Yes, Chrystian is very considerate.

Yes, Chrystian is a damn gentleman.

Yes, Chrystian is everything a girl would want to fall in love.

     But I always end up with one conclusion: NO. I have seen Chrystian through his ups and downs, his embarrassing moments and to-be-proud-of moment and everything that had happened in his life. Relationships end but friendships doesn't. I can't bear losing him. He and Niall. They've been the brothers I never have. I love Chrystian with the very bottom of my heart and I – any of us – won't risk anything to make it slip away from me.

"And then Luke stepped in, crashing all our hope." Aunt Mira adds and it seems that mum agrees about it. I hope Luke and I didn't happen though.

"But I like that man, though. Very respectful and gentleman." Mum sighs. If you only knew what he did, mum.

  I decided, with the approval of Niall and Chrystian, not to tell any about what happen to me and Luke. Until now, obviously, they don't have any clue what's the reason behind the break-up.

"Yeah. I remember that." Aunt Mira says, nodding her head.

"Have you talk lately, El?" Mum suddenly asks, "I saw him outside your house the other week...Oh, I forgot to tell you.." My whole body stiffs "..He said he was about to meet you but seems you have company – us – he decided to leave and just left some regards."

"Really?" I nervously answers. Shit! What is he doing there?

"Why did you even break up, El?" Aunt Maura asks when they already knew the answer. Everytime that Luke will be brought up in a conversation, it always end up with that same old question.

"We had realized that we have to do things in separate ways to do our own stuffs." I simply say.

"Young ones these days." They both reply and chuckle at the same time.

--

Happy birthday, TOMMO!
Happy Christmas, EVERYONE!

vote, share & comment.