Chapter 21: Hide And Seek

* Lenny’s POV *

No Justice Crew rehearsals meant I get to spend my free time with my babies, although today, it will be only spent with Harley as Ava is real busy with work. Even if I try to be quiet as possible, she’ll get cranky on me for staying in her zone, but she says I keep on distracting her with my good looks – my sweet smile. Hey, that’s not my fault if I was born with it!

Either that or she’ll ignore me the whole time and I hate that feeling. Call me an attention seeker, but I love it every time Ava does it to me. I feel so loved and special.

So here I am with Harley at the park, having a father-son time together. Of course, I feel so ignored as well the minute he realized we were at the park, he left me running around and having fun time on his own.

When did Harley get this big?

He always wanted me around even when we’re at the parks, but now, he’s okay with going around on his own. The only time he called for my attention was when he needed someone to push the swing while he rode on it.

After an hour, I guess he became tired and hungry as we headed out for lunch. We went to some restaurant in Darling Harbour. As a girl was leading us to our table, we noticed John and Bailey in one and decided to join them instead.

“Why are you two all smiles?” I asked, weirded out by how happy they both were. Harley didn’t even realized what was going on and continued on eating what John had given him. Some pasta and bread they have ordered, getting all messy while at it.

“We’re celebrating!” John exclaimed as the two held up their glasses and cheered. “We’re engaged!” He expressed as Bailey showed the ring on her finger I didn’t even noticed earlier.

I gasped, all surprised with the revelation, knowing between John and I, he’s the one tagged as the slow one when it comes to girls. Although, he had more success rate on having a girlfriend compared to me. The only one who thought I was a good boyfriend was Ava and I’m well glad.

“Congratulations! You guys aren’t officially married yet, but Bailey, you’re already part of this family!” I proclaimed as Harley clapped his hands together. We all cheered, however, didn’t know if Harley understood what was going on, but joined him in clapping.

One waiter had heard of the declaration and gave us a free bottle of wine to help us celebrate. He even told everyone at the restaurant of the good news as they all cheered, congratulating the two. I was beyond happy for them. They have been through so much and John would probably not want to go into details of what had happened between them. But I’m so happy that they have gone through that and still ended up together.

That’s what real love is.

“Someone’s getting all emo…” Bailey commented, snatching my attention away from my thoughts. “And I thought John’s the slow one.” Even Bailey agrees to me.

John pouted. “Hey!!” Bailey giggled and makes it up to him with a kiss, making me a bit awkward with having to see them eat each other’s faces without a care in the world.

“At least be discreet when Harley’s around. I don’t want him getting ideas from you two.” I scowled as the two laughed and continued on with their mini celebration while I was trying to get Harley’s attention, feeding him more food, than watching them.

“You’re just jealous!” John uttered, pausing for a bit before diving back into Bailey’s lips. Bailey agreed and carried on with the teasing.

Harley was laughing all the while as if he understood what was going on, clapping his hands, while his face can’t be distinguish by all the food he had eaten, covering his face with pasta sauce.