Chapter 15: You're Only Mine

* Ava’s POV *

“So glad you’re officially mine again…” Lenny said in a singsong voice, whilst hugging me from behind as I was sitting on his lap, working on some things.

Ever since I admitted that I still love the boy, he just wouldn’t leave me alone. Not that I actually would complain, but my chair feels so comfortable now. I like it better than the normal ones. Come on, who wouldn’t want a chair with Lenny in it? No one.

“You said that for a billion times!” I exclaimed, but leaned in closer.

“You love it!” He teased. “Don’t make me do all that work again!”

“What? Are you being a lazy ass now because you’ve already have gotten what you wanted?” I gasped, totally joking, but being Lenny – he kind of panicked.

“No what no!” He uttered, already stuttering as I started laughing, with the thought of Lenny in my head, shaking it off. “You were… joking?” He growled, but it still came out as something funny. Lenny looks weird being angry.

With that little fact, he continued growling like a cute puppy than someone that was sporting danger. And he became annoyed at that as he rested his head on the crook of my neck. His breath was tickling me, giving me goosebumps all over, and even giving me sloppy kisses all around, whimpering.

Until that heat I felt coming out from it.

Pushing me off a tad bit, he slipped off the chair and ran out of the room with an intriguing smile. That’s when my hand just came round my neck, feeling that watery thing present in my neck.

Oh you did not, Lenny Pearce.

“Lenny!!!” I yelled, dropping the things on the table, and ran outside of my office, not minding the stares I was getting from the customers inside the store. Cece, on the other hand, was quietly laughing at the sight as Lenny ran around the store.

We were playing hide and seek in my store, but in my mind, it was hide and attack. Lenny wouldn’t come out of this alive because the moment I get him, I will kill him!

He laughed while walking around the place, perhaps thinking it was his own playground. I didn’t mind, though, and surely, the customers found it amusing. No one complained at all.

But it all stopped when Len received a phone call, therefore, stopping and going back inside my office to take it. I followed him and attacked him while at it, not minding that he was taking his call.

“What?” He sounded serious. “I’ll be right there!”

“What’s going on?” I mouthed, but he was too focused on the call.

“Okay, mum! I’ll see you at the hospital. I’ll leave now!” He exclaimed before hanging up the phone.

“What happened, babe?” I asked right away.

He stopped and calmed himself down. “That’s my mum. She called because... my… my… she’s… bringing my… brother to the hospital. Emergency.” I nodded. “I’m really sorry, Ava. I know we just got back together and maybe you wanted to hang out but I need to go.”

“Babe, it’s alright. Don’t worry about it. I mean, I need to work on things anyway.” I uttered, telling him to go now. His family needed him. “Love you, Lenny! But don’t think I’ll let this go easily.” I teased, pointing to what he had done on my neck.

“Love you too, Ava.” He kissed me, before leaving. “Oh, and that’s just to show people you’re mine.”

“We’re not exactly wolves you know.” I rolled my eyes, thinking about how they mark their mates. He laughed, and said sorry again before running out of my store.