Chapter 18: She's Mine

* Len’s POV *

“Mummy…” Harley uttered, calling Ava in some name I’ve never expected I would ever hear him say. So that moment he blurted it out, I was more than surprised for Ava’s reaction that I even think that lost all the air inside my body, and needed an oxygen tank asap.

Turning around to meet Harley’s gaze, he was really happy, showing off his perfect smile that I’d think would melt any girl he’d meet when he grows up. Kinda like how it was working off with me right now… I smiled, remembering Ava still hasn’t recovered from Harley yet.

When I turned to the other side, Ava still had her hands like she was praying, staring at Harley the whole time. Kissing her on top of her forehead, she woke up and looked blankly at me. Her facial expressions changed and I got a bit worried.

“Well, you must be a hungry little boy right now.” Ava chuckled, changing the topic quickly as Harley must have seen the change in Ava as well. His smile faltered for a tad bit second, but erased as soon as Ava spoke up.

My girl pushed herself up from the bed and walked to the door. Turning around, she looked back at both Harley and I with a wicked smile planted on her face. “First one to the table gets to sit on… mummy’s lap.” She winked and went out the door.

That funny moment when Harley and I both knew what was happening as our eyes widen that same time we looked at each other. Plus the fact that I was getting beaten by a young one, pushing me further away from the door, ordering me to stay like the cutest puppy I was. However, I was the stubborn one and I keep on picking him up whenever he was near the door and getting him back to the bed, until that moment he thought crying was his way out of it.

His lips trembled as his eyes were already welling up, ready for that earsplitting cry that would get me in trouble. And I know this time I wouldn’t get out of it as Ava would probably give me some spanking. Not that I’d complain or anything but it reminds me of a creepy dream of getting bitten in the butt.

Shaking the thought on my mind, I smiled while I watched Harley climbing onto Ava’s legs to get up on her lap. Unsuccessful, Ava carried him, helping him up on her lap. She asked what he wanted as he pointed bread across the table and Bella gave him one.

“He really likes you.” Bella giggled at how Harley woke up so happy in the morning, and this would only come once in a while, especially when he didn’t get that much sleep. According to Ava, Harley was up at three in the morning, visiting her for a story time.

Don’t get me wrong, but Harley was a happy baby, though he needs to watch his favourite cartoons first before getting in the mood in the morning, and surely, he is showing a different side of him today.

Actually no, it’s every single time Ava was around. It’s like Harley was getting out of his shell and finally giving everyone a chance to see the other side of him – being complete.

“What’s with the goofy smile in your face? You’re freaking me out!” John uttered beside me as he kept looking back and forth between my babies and I. “Had a sexy morning?” He teased as I pushed him to the side, perhaps even harder than I thought as he almost hit the ground.

“Harley called Ava mummy.” I confessed and my smile widen as memories of what had happened a few minutes ago replayed back in my head.

John gasped louder than ambulance sirens hearing my statement that mum stood on my other side and asked what we were doing, also looking back and forth between my babies and I.

“Harley called Ava mummy.” John fed mum with the new information he had gathered from me and she also had the same reaction, both piercing my ears. It was the first time Harley had said the word and we didn’t even know how he thought of that. But he was a smart guy, taking in after me so… it shouldn’t be a question.