Thought it was Going to be Awkward, Did You?

As nice as it was to wake up in a comfy warm bed, held in someone else’s arms, knowing for once that I wasn’t waking up alone, its pleasantness depended entirely on whose arms I was in. While for the first few moments I was in a lovely daze and did not care, once I was entirely aware of where I was, and with whom, I could say that I was not happy. I couldn’t say I was angry though. I just was, I didn’t really feel any which way about it.

That was a scary thought.

I ran into difficulty trying to sit up and stretch because there was a pair of arms wrapped firmly about my chest. Fortunately, I knew who they belonged to and it wasn’t all that surprising that somehow they’d turned into a freaking koala while I slept. Unfortunately, the idiot was out cold, and was showing no signs of getting up any time soon.

“Adrian,” I whined, prying uselessly at his arms in an attempt to free myself. “Wake up!” I wasn’t very familiar with a certain undead vampire’s morning routines, but I knew my own well enough to know that my own bladder would be complaining in about five minutes and if he didn’t start moving, there’d be a lovely smell to wake up to.

There was no response, and I couldn’t free myself either. His body was very much like a rock that was set solidly in stone, and moving him seemed like an impossible task. It was times like these that I wished I knew how to use whatever magical powers I supposedly had. Then maybe I wouldn’t have to deal with extricating myself from his grip.

I hoped I wouldn’t have to wait for someone like Ignotius to come rescue me. That would just be embarrassing. “Get up, you idiot! I need to pee!” I exclaimed, poking his chest. If he couldn’t hear me, I’d just have to use more physical methods.

Still no answer. He wasn’t even breathing, which I supposed was normal for him. If he’d been anyone else, I’d probably start freaking out. As it was, I had no idea if sleeping as though he were dead to the world was normal. When he’d been alive, he’d always been the first one to wake up.

I twisted around in his hold, pressing my hands to his chest. It was a very nice-looking chest, but now was not the time to give in to my staring problems. No doubt I’d never hear the end of it if he awoke to find me drooling over his pectorals, or any other part of his body for that matter. Still, he did have some great ab– no, bad Kathryne! No staring!

When had he put on boxers? I distinctly remembered him being very, very naked before I’d fallen asleep last night. Oh well, the dark blue color really complemented his slightly pale skin. The contrast of color made him seem almost paler than he was. Adrian really was quite handsome, when he wasn’t being a jerk.

I didn’t figure out that I was staring until I noticed that there was a moderate-sized tent that was beginning to form beneath his boxers.

Then I realized that it wasn’t a tent.

As for why I was even thinking such a stupid thought in the first place, well, he’d woken up.

Why, good morning, Kathryne. Adrian spoke in my head, causing me to look up at him. He’d cracked one bleary eye open and was watching me with a mixture of amusement and something else that I didn’t even want to think about this early in the morning. I take it you slept well?

Oh thank god he hadn’t made some sort of snarky comment about where my eyes had been. My cheeks were already burning just thinking about it. “Now that I think about it, yes. I slept wonderfully, thank you,” I replied aloud, confused as to why he had taken to speaking in my head.

He smiled, releasing the hold he had on me and moving to stretch as he sat up. How are you feeling? He asked, pulling me up with him when he got out of bed and stood up.