Thought It Was Just a Normal Evening, Did You?

Of course, by jumped, I meant kissed him vigorously with a desperation I hadn’t felt in years. I had spun around in his lap, twined my hands in his hair, and tugged his mouth down to my own so I could have my way with it. Even caught by surprise as he was, Adrian was a damn good kisser. The control I held didn’t last for long, and soon enough, my back was being pressed into the hard wall of the tub as he swapped positions on me.

That blasted man could have done anything he wanted to me just then, and I would have let him. I was doing a very good job of encouraging him, I’d think. I wouldn’t have stopped him– hell, I would have even helped him!

But he didn’t take advantage of me, or rather, not nearly as much as he probably wanted to in that moment. He held on to me for dear life, before tearing himself away from my lips. The look in his azure eyes promised retribution, and lots of it, but he didn’t act on it then. Instead, he pulled away and let me go, breathing hard, although I was certain he didn’t need to.

By the time I left my daze, he was at the other edge of the bathtub, staring at me and smirking. “Oh, I’m never going to hear the end of this one, am I?” he asked rhetorically, laughing softly.

I blushed even harder, if that were possible, my face flushed from the activity. “I don’t think I’ll be able to hold this one against you– I’m the one who lost control, after all.” There was no way I could be angry at him for this when I was the one at fault.

He frowned, pressing a hand to my forehead. “You don’t feel feverish,” he mumbled, mostly to himself. “I’d best get you cleaned up before you come to your senses then.”

I crossed my arms, glaring at him. “You know, if you’re trying to piss me off, it’s working.” Why was he expecting me to yell at him for something I’d done? It wasn’t his fault he was so irresistible. Sure, maybe he’d helped to contribute to that fact, but it wasn’t as if there was much he could do to stop being so damn appealing.

“My apologies, love. I was anticipating quite a different reaction from you,” Adrian sighed, running a hand through his dripping wet black hair. It was plastered to his head, which was a very weird look for him. I couldn’t tell if I liked it or not.

I tried my best not to giggle. “Come on, I don’t always get upset with you whenever anything like this happens.” Even then, the only reason I’d get mad at him was because he’d catch me off guard.

His eyebrows shot up into his hairline. “I beg to differ, Kathryne. You’ve thrown me out a window for kissing you before,” he said, applying the washcloth his other hand was holding to my arms. “Though since it you initiated it, I suppose I shouldn’t expect you to be so violent.”

I could tell he was distracting me with conversation again, and this time I was grateful for it. “The window thing was a fluke, and you know it,” I sputtered, trying to defend myself.

“You wouldn’t have been able to do it had you not meant to,” he replied, running the cloth down my back. “Though I’ll admit I was being too forceful that time. I couldn’t bring myself to let you go.”

Oh great, now he was being sappy. “Yes, and then I threw you out the window. What did you learn from that, Adrian?” I asked sarcastically, idly grabbing a few strands of his hair and playing with them. He used to be able to pull his messy hair back into some semblance of order, but now he wore a shorter hair style. It looked good on him, but I sort of missed the longer hair. It was easier to make fun of him when he could put his hair up in a ponytail.

He took his own sweet time before answering the question, and soon enough, my entire top half was covered entirely in suds. “Hmm, I can’t say. I was a tad busy trying to defy the law of gravity.”

Black Crescent MoonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara