Senior Trip Day 1: Arrival

I had gone to sleep last night with nothing but questions of Shadow on my mind. Like, if he is supposedly over fifty like his file was dated, why is he in high school? How does he still look so young? If he is a weapon, is that why he’s so on the edge and ready to explode? What kind of weapon is he, like a bomb?

In my dream I had met him in a clearing at green hill, I had been chasing after him, and even with my incredible speed I couldn’t catch him, every time I came inches away from reaching he’d disappear in a shadow like cloud and reappear leaping through the trees like a ninja, and hide in the shaded places so silent it was if he wasn’t even breathing. Finally I chased him into a clearing sensing my fatigue he slowed down to a stop; I bent over resting my hands on my knees panting heavily. He watched me, those red eyes almost glowing in the sin light.

“Y-you aren’t normal.” I said through deep breaths. He just gave a smirk crossing his arms. “I think I know what you are.” I said standing straight to confront him.

He tilted his head with a small smile and raised his brow, “Say it.”

“You’re… some new species of vampire.” I said and now felt awkwardly stupid.

He tilted his head back in heavy laughter only making me feel deeper in stupidity and then he straightened up looking at me with a dangerous and hungry stair, “Are you afraid?”

“Uh…” I thought for a moment somehow knowing this was still a dream but wasn’t I supposed to wake up by then? I guess it doesn’t always happen like that, “No.” I answered.

I don’t remember the rest but now that I’m awake, I can’t help but think I saw the exact same scene in some fantasy vampire love story that became real popular in middle school. What was that boring book called again?? My mom really loved the series; I think it had a wolf in the mix too hmm …. Ah oh well its Monday and I put on my shoes dreading the day until I remembered the senior trip is today!! I flashed down the stairs grabbing breakfast quickly and ran for the door.

“Bye mom bye dad! I won’t be back for at least three days!!” I called.

“Hold it right there Mister!” Mom yelled walking in the living room. I stopped almost half way out the door and turned back.

She hugged me tightly and kissed my head, “I love you honey, have fun okay. And remember if there’s any time you want to come home or something goes wrong, you can call me and I’ll come and get you.”

“I know mom. I love you too.”

“Have fun Son!” Dad grabbed me up in a hug after mom.

“Er, too tight dad!” I choked feeling his metal arms crushing into my bones my quills stood up as I squirmed.

“Oh hehe sorry~” He let me down, “Love you.”

“I’m okay. Love you too dad. See you guys later! I’ll call you later and let you know how it’s going.” I said walking out the door.

They waved until I turned around and took off running for school.

I arrived at the front of the school looking at my phone for the time, 7:59am. Just made it. There was a bus full of seniors, and then the seniors with their own cars lined up from the back of the bus their entire luggage poking out of their trunks. Rouge pulled up in her car, only it was different from the last, again another company car judging by the big gray ‘G’ on the door only it was more of a jeep, it carried good cargo and had good camping durability. Knuckles sat in her passenger seat Blaze and Silver in the back seat.

“Hey Sonic!” Silver called jumping out of the car, “Are you going?”

“Yeah with Shadow.” I nodded.