Morning Arguments and a Walk to class

“Where’s your escort?” Mom asked when I walked in the house alone.

“He uh, had to leave while we were three houses away. Called off on another mission or something like that, you know more important jazz and stuff like that.” I explained.

“Well you’re alright?” She quickly checked me over for any wounds or bruises.

“I’m fine.” I nodded squirming from her tugs and pulls.

“Come to the table I have dinner ready, you can tell your father and I all about it.” She pushed me into the dining room.

I tried not to give details as to who was my escort and how he came about to be involved in a simple robbery…I went upstairs to my room quickly doing my homework so I could get to bed, I was so tired.

The next day it was another brisk morning and my mother almost wouldn’t let me walk to school due to the series of unfortunate events that happened yesterday. But with help from dad I got to walk. I liked walking, even though I could easily run and get there within half a second,  I liked to stroll down the sidewalk taking in all of mother nature’s details that everyone would simply pass by and not notice them. The colors in the sky slowly becoming brighter as the sun ascended higher, the sun rays parting through the clouds lighting the ground, the dew shimmering in the light. Even though today would be mostly cloudy due to the fall season, it looked picture perfect. I’d take a picture of it but the rays poking out from the clouds never really turned up on my regular flip phone. Which made it feel more special, like it was only meant for my eyes. On the down side I really wished I had someone to share this sight with.

I arrived on campus again being greeted by my friends, Espio bundled up as if it was snowing, Rouge and blaze wore matching little furry jackets. Knuckles and Silver didn’t bother with any jackets at all. I decided to take mine off due to the walk my blood was well circulating and I was a bit hot. I saw the busses pull up and out from the last bus after the crowd piled out Amy walked down the stairs in a pink jacket with fuzzy little pom poms hanging from her hoody strings. Her eyes searched the area and connected with mine, and a smile crossed her face and she seemed to light up as she seemed to have a skip in her step as she quickly walked over to me.

“Hi Sonic!” She said in a very cheery tone, “Thanks again for taking me home yesterday!”

“Aw it’s no problem really.” I nodded smiling back at her.

There was a zap and a flash of light, that must be Shadow, I thought to myself looking over to where the light eliminated from. Indeed Shadow stood bold and strong, my eyes trailed up his legs slowly taking him all in and finally met with his eyes, which as always didn’t look so happy.

“What!? No breakfast!?” Rouge yelled at him seeing him empty handed.

“Tch, that was a onetime thing. Don’t be thinking I’m your personal butler.” He crowed his arms.

I began to imagine for a moment, Shadow working as a butler, in those fancy pants and shoes and expensive jacket in ‘high class’ proper wear. Greeting people with a bow and talking so adequately. I let out a laugh at the thought of him saying, “Master, you have company waiting for you down stairs, shall I prepare some tea for your meeting?”

Shadow cut me a glare after I laughed and I immediately shoved away those ridiculous thoughts.

“Besides the school cafeteria serves breakfast.”