Green Hill

I looked at the sky getting dark heard the spill of the water falls into to the blue water of the back ground. I remembered my parents telling me to have fun on my 'date'. Even though I reminded then a thousand times it wasn't a date, they couldn't help but tease. 

A buzzing 'zap' tingled my ears as a flash of light temporarily blinded me. The light stayed but only a second and when it was gone Shadow stood before me. 

"Whoa how do you do that?" I asked as he studied me. 

He raised a brow, "That really isn't important right now." He walked closer, "let’s take a walk." He began to lead the way. I hurried by his side. 

"Um I told my parents I wouldn't be out long." I said. 

"That's nice." He grumbled uncaringly. 

"Well they also don't want me to be around you, so I had to lie and say I was coming to meet someone else." 

He looked at me in shock, "You lied to them?" 

I pinned my ears back, "I know it's bad! Don't rub it in more I'm already feeling guilty about it!" 

"Tch." He shrugged my worries away like nothing. "Let's get to the point already... What do you want from me?" 

My ears went down slightly, "Wha- I don't want anything from you. I just wanted to know if you were alright." 

He looked at me confused, "Why?" 

"Because I was worried or curious as to what happened to you when I left." 

"....why???" He asked sounding even more confused. 

I sighed and stopped walking. He did the same and we faced each other. 

"I noticed when we went to the office, they didn't call anyone for you, and you were alone." 

He shrugged, "So?" 

"Well, that didn't set very well with me." I said. 

He huffed and raised his quills getting irritated, "I was an ass to you and hurt you, why the hell are you so concerned about me when I could care less about you?" 

I thought for a moment, "I don't believe that's all the way true. You have to somewhat care for me somehow... You helped me out on several occasions." 

His ears slightly twitched back and he looked away from me. 

"Shadow, you’re a mysterious... Well shadow in my knowledge. I know of you but not about you. Sometimes your actions are questionable and it leaves me with questions and the more I wonder about you the more I realize I don't know... And I want to. I want to get to know you Shadow. Even if you have slightly short fused rage issues..." I smiled softly.