No Shadow For A Week!?

I arrived on school grounds seeing everyone around a table like usual.

“Quick, there is a Zombie out break! Grab the first thing to your left to kill zombies, what is your weapon?” Knuckles read from his cell phone.

“Silver.” Blaze answered looking to her left.

“She’s going to pick him up by his feet and use him as a beating stick on the zombie.” Knuckles laughed having everyone follow after.

“This tree.” Rouge said as she leaned against the tree.

“No Zombie stands a chance!” Blaze said.

“A table.” Espio smiled.

“…My phone.” Knuckles frowned, “Damn, I’m screwed…”

“Well, I don’t have anything to my left.” I said just now arriving.

“You can be screwed with me Sonic.” Knuckles said.

The busses pulled in, Amy was going to be here soon. Maybe I can hide behind Silver so she won’t come and grab at me. Only it was too late, I was like a magnet to her; as soon as she arrived she found her way stuck to my side.

“HI SONIC!!!” She squealed hooking her arm onto mine.

“Hi Amy…” I answered.

Knuckles stood up with Rouge and Blaze, and Silver by her side of course. They didn’t look too happy that Amy had arrived in our group today. Was it that fight yesterday morning?

“Hey Amy, you got Shadow expelled.” Knuckles said harshly.

“What, me?” She snapped her head to his attention, “He was the one who started it! He did it to himself!” She crossed her arms.

“No ‘darling’ you don’t understand. This isn’t just a group of ‘friends’ okay. We’re like a pack, and a family. If one of us robs a bank, no one from our family is going to turn the other in.” Rouge explained. So this IS like a gang…

“We might get into fights amongst ourselves, but when it comes to punishment we take just as much responsibility and go down with them.” Blaze narrowed her eyes. It reminded me how Shadow was in the office; he took the consequences of his actions without any hesitation.

Amy shrugged, “Well he didn’t even go to the office like he was asked to. For that the principal expelled him for at least a weeks’ time, for assault on a student and denying a summons to the office, while leaving campus with no permission is truancy. I still don’t see how this is MY fault!!” She yelled putting her hands on her hips glaring back at the group.

My heart sank deep to my toes. No Shadow… for a week? But this is the only time I get to see him. My fist clenched and I bit down my jaw tightly, before I was going to yell at her some things that I might regret later. Maybe it wasn’t exactly her fault, but at the time my mind wasn’t thinking that way.

“You know, no one invited you to hang with us.” Knuckles growled taking the words right from my mouth. If she wasn’t baring her way into this group Shadow wouldn’t have gotten into a fight with her in the first place!

“I don’t see why not, Sonic is my friend and if he can be here so can I.” She stood up to Knuckles puffing her chest out and bunched her hands into fists.

“You never paid attention to me before I started hanging out with them anyway!” I said, “Besides I never said I wanted you around!” Now they were staring at me. I knew I didn’t mean what I said, or how I said it… I shouldn’t have opened my mouth, now wanting to take it back and apologize to her. It isn’t all her fault that Shadow got expelled.

“Well…all you had to do was tell me so.” She said sadly I heard her holding back from crying. She adjusted her back pack over her shoulders and turned on her heals walking away.

“Good riddance.” Knuckles shook his head watching her leave.

“She’s such an attention whore.” Rouge scoffed watching in disgust and put her arms around Knuckles now stealing his gaze and rubbed her nose against his.

I turned seeing her disappear in the crowd her head bowed as she walked slowly. Man I feel like a big jerk. Now Amy hates me, I hate myself, and I won’t see Shadow for a week! Call me a baby but I wanted to cry! It isn’t fair!!! The bell rang and I reluctantly dragged my feet to class, I should apologize to her at lunch or if I see her earlier.

“Sonic are you okay?” Silver came by my side.

“…Oh yeah…I’m fine.” I said my depression oozing out like that donkey in that cartoon with the yellow bear…what was that show’s name again? Ugh what does it matter, I wanted to die right now!

“What’s wrong? Was it Amy?” He asked.

“No. Well sorta, maybe… I don’t know Silver! Just leave me alone.” I grumbled giving him a light push away from my bubble space.

“Well, if it makes you feel any better, you know Shadow really didn’t have a problem with being expelled for a week, and he could make it back on the third day on good behavior.”

“Him on good behavior is like about as good of a chance as finding the titanic in your back yard.” I grumbled. But it did make me feel better, and gave me something to look forward to.

“Well don’t be so down okay!” He nudged me playfully as we entered the class room.

“Eh…” I shrugged sitting down, it’ll be a long miserable day.