Making it up to Amy

Tuesday was a drag; I met with everyone in the courtyard minus Amy. She made sure to avoid me the rest of yesterday and will most likely do the same today. Mom and Dad had asked why I came home so depressed; I only told them that Amy and I got in a little argument. Of course they gave me this lengthy speech on how I could apologize and avoid this situation again… as if I was in kindergarten. Mom said Amy was avoiding me because she was mad herself, and I should give her time and when ‘the time was right’ she’d come looking for me. But of course this wasn’t the real problem; it was I’d be without Shadow for a week!!!

“You don’t think all this trouble Shadow’s getting into will ruin his chances for that senior trip do you?” I asked the group.

“What? No of course not. You know how much money is prepaid for that trip? The school doesn’t want to refund it because you didn’t go.” Knuckles said dealing out uno cards.

“Oh, okay.” I said looking down at the colorful cards he dealt out in front of me.

“Knuckles where do you get all of these games?” Rouge asked giggling and took up another card.

“I watch the Master Emerald all day, I have plenty of games.” He said with a grin.

“But who do you play with?” Silver asked.

Knuckles stood quite for a moment, “….The Master Emerald.” He admitted quietly.

“So… basically by yourself?” Blaze questioned.

Knuckles sighed, “Yes…”

“Awe Knuckies~ If I wasn’t so busy I’d play with you.” Rouge said hinting a big flirt in her tone.

“Oh we’d do so much more than a board game.” His brows bounced a couple times.

We played a game of ‘UNO’, Silver won and had everyone mad at him by the end of the game, and had finished in time before the first bell rang. I shuffled off to class afterwards knowing there was no real reason to look forward to something today. However I managed to find Amy on my way to class. I know Mom said to let her have time, but I just can’t go another day without letting her know what I had said that day really wasn’t true.

“Amy!” I called waving my hand to flag her down. I saw her ears twitch and she looked around before meeting my eyes. She looked like she was still really pissed off at me… She quickly turned away and began to speed walk the other direction.

“Hey!!” I yelled and ran after her. I don’t blame her for being this mad; I probably would be too if someone told me the same thing. “Amy wait!” She tried picking up more speed darting through the crowd of others walking too and from classes making it hard to keep track of her. Ugh come on how hard is it to freaking apologize to a woman!? If she thinks she’ll be able to get away from me that easily she’s got another thing coming! I ducked down low picking up my speed as I dodged the others without even making someone trip and finally grabbed her arm and yanked her to a stop.

“HEY!” She yelled at me and easily slipped from my grip with a fast yank. “I don’t know what gave you the idea that you could just grab at me like that but if you dare put your hands on me again I swear I’ll have a law suit and have you expelled from school to join that stupid Shadow!” She snarled in my face bunching up her fists.

I guess I should have listened to mom… well I have to say something now. “Well if you didn’t have me chase you down I wouldn’t have had to grab you like that.”

She rolled her eyes, “What do you want? Didn’t you not want to see me around again? Come to tell me that you don’t even want to see me in the halls!? Well I’m sorry I can’t change schools for you-“Her face was red and her eyes must have been stinging with the water that brimmed her bottom lid.

My ears went back with guilt, “No that’s not the reason I came for you, I just wanna say that those things that I told you, about not wanting you around and all, I’m really sorry and I didn’t mean any of it. I never really wanted you gone; in fact it feels a little weird without you now.”

We were silent for a while and just as sudden as she was going to cry she smiled, “Its okay, and I accept your apology and forgive you.”

I let out a sigh of relief while smiling back.

“Well, see you after school.” She said batting her eyelashes and fiddled with a strand of her quills. She turned and rounded the corner to get to her class just as the bell rang.

“Oh crap I’m late!!” I jumped at the bells’ tune and darted for my classroom. I had made it to the door just as the last student passed the doorway. Papers flew everywhere with the wind produced from my speed as I sat down in my seat and put on a smile hoping no one would realize I barely made it to the room. The teacher and few students picking up their fallen papers gave me a look telling me otherwise, but I wasn’t counted tardy.