Is it a Case of Jealousy?

The morning came and there was a chill in the air, fall season bringing its cold mornings and just right afternoons. I didn't want to get out of bed but dad stole my blankets.

"Have a good day at school honey." Mom kissed my nose while handing me my jacket.

"Thanks mom. Bye dad!" I called while running out the door. It was a brisk jog to the school and my nose felt frozen by the time I arrived.

"Hey!" Knuckles greeted me with a wave. I almost forgot that I was now friends with Shadow's posse.

"What is this?" Silver tugged on my jacket, "A jacket!? Didn't you get the memo? Tough guys don't wear jackets."

I looked around seeing Knuckles with no jacket, and Silver the same (though he  kept rubbing his arms and shivered slightly). Shadow didn't seem to be here yet. Espio however was overly bundled as if we were standing in a blizzard.

"I'm a reptile... I prefer life than looking cool." He said putting a warming sock over the horn of his nose.

"I never said I was 'tough' besides I don't want to catch a cold or anything... My mom would flip." I said laughing at Espio.

Blaze joined the group wearing a purple jacket with silky soft fur to outline it. She tossed her back pack to Silver, the weight of whatever she had been carrying in there made him fall right to the ground.

"What in the world do you have in here a dictionary?!" He huffed pushing it off and tried to heave it up off the ground.

"Two dictionaries and an encyclopedia." She said with a cheeky grin, "Besides I heard coach said you needed to work out your muscles more."

Silver grumbled but managed to hoist the heavy pack over his shoulder only to lose his balance with the  heavy weight. Blaze laughed watching him, seeming like she didn't get to smile often.

"That's not my back pack by the way." She giggled, "Mine is purple and I left it over at Rouge's house when I spent the night yesterday."

"Very funny." Silver growled now  looking like a turtle on its back. Everyone laughed at his struggle. Finally he got smart and sloped out of the straps of the backpack and got up picking the heavy sack with his telekinesis and dropped it on the table.

Rouge dropped down from flying, landing next to Knuckles. After kissing and hugging she tossed Blaze her real back pack.

"W-where's Shadow?" I asked trying not to sound desperate for his presents.

"He hasn't arrived yet?" Rouge raised her brow. "Strange he should have been here like 5 seconds ago."

I bowed my head disappointed maybe he had gotten busy. He did say that he had a lot to do. My ears tingled to a strange buzzing noise and then I jumped hearing a loud 'zap!' Shadow stood right behind me holding in one hand a box of muffins and in the other a large cup holder full of cups with steam rising from them.

"Aw Shadow you got us breakfast?" Rouge left knuckles side to hug up on Shadow.

"Tch no, this is all mine." He growled. Whoa there was no way he could eat and drink all of that!

"Yeah right, and the whole day you'll be in the bathroom from all this coffee." Rouge rolled her eyes and plucked a cup from the cup holder and began to sip it. After Rouge, Blaze grabbed two cups keeping one for herself and handed the other to Silver. Espio gladly embraced the hot cup and seemed to nuzzle the steam rising from the coffee. The muffins were placed on the table as everyone picked out which one they'd eat.

Shadow finally glanced my way. He almost looked as if he was going to smile and say something.

"SONIC!!~" a loud girl’s voice reached my ears before I could hear Shadow's deep tone. I seemed to almost cringe at the sound and then I was tackled getting hugged by Amy. I wasn't really one for tackling or anything used to football, so when she dived at me throwing her hands around my neck and her full body weight on me, and of course not expecting this at all; we both crashed and fell to the ground.