"That's right!" Kronos tried to get up, but stumbled. Above his left ear, a patch of blond hair still smoldered. "Strike them down! They deserve to suffer."

"You said your mom is the goddess of balance," Andy reminded him, her voice full of conviction. "The minor gods deserve better, Ethan, but total destruction isn't balance. Kronos doesn't build. He only destroys." She believed in everything she said,making her voice even more compelling. He believed her words swaying slightly as though his eyes were opened for the first time. He raised his sword and attacked. But not the twins. He went over to Kronos and brought his sword down on his neck. The blade shattered at the impact, some embedded in his stomach.

Kronos rose unsteadily, towering over his servant. "Treason," he snarled. Ethan stared at them, his face tight
with pain.

"Deserve better," he gasped. "If they just . . . had thrones—"

Kronos stomped his foot, and the floor ruptured around Ethan Nakamura. The son of Nemesis fell through a fissure that went straight through the heart of the mountain—straight into open air.
"So much for him." Kronos picked up his sword. "And now for the rest of you."

He attacked, but he went first for who he thought was the weakest link. He attacked the daughter of Poseidon. She blocked the attack but it was like trying to push a truck. The force he put in it sent her flying back where Grover was feeding Annabeth ambrosia. Andy didn't bath in the Styx so the force of the attack should've knocked her out.

"Andy!"yelled Percy enraged and went after Kronos. The girl went to raise but she suddenly felt dizzy. Grover came to her side and gave her too some ambrosia. He went to get her where Annabeth was, but she refused. Percy got frozen by one of Kronos's time powers. He couldn't move and the Titan was gloating at his future success. He pointed to the hearth, and the coals glowed. A sheet of white smoke poured from the fire, forming
images like an Iris-message. In it the choas from around New York was seen, mortals now awake were running around, demigods were fighting and Hades in his chariot went around summoning zombies to help. The scene shifted to the fight of the gods against Typhoon. Andy took advantage of the situation and spoke to Percy.

"You will free yourself. The spell is wearing off. You can fight again." She murmured these words again and again but he heard them clearly. He could feel his toes, then arms and legs.
When the image showed Poseidon'a arrival and the army of cyclops led by none other than Tyson, Kronos grew mad. When Typhoon was brought down the Titan lord slashed his sword through the image and went to attack Percy. Being unfrozen in time Percy managed to defend and attack. Annabeth got to her feet and went to Kronos. She yelled for him to stop and when he twirled around he knocked her back to the throne of Athena. He went toward her and froze the son of Poseidon once again. Andy jumped in front of Annabeth to protect her. Their swords locked once again.

"Annoying pest!"he grumbled before he kicked her in the ribs and she flew back landing on her left arm breaking it in the process. She yelled in pain but didn't get up. The Titan loomed over Annabeth, his sword over her body.

Blood trickled from the corner of her mouth. She croaked, "Family, Luke. You promised." Kronos
staggered. He stared at the knife in Annabeth's hand, the blood on her face. "Promise." Then he gasped like he couldn't get air. "Annabeth . . ." But it wasn't the Titan's voice. It was Luke's. He stumbled forward like he couldn't control his own body. "You're bleeding. . . ."

"My knife." Annabeth tried to raise her dagger, but it clattered out of her hand. Her arm was bent at a
funny angle. She looked at Percy, imploring, "Percy, please . . ."
He could move again.
He surged forward and scooped up her knife. He knocked Backbiter out of Luke's hand, and it spun into
the hearth. Luke hardly paid him any attention. He stepped toward Annabeth, but Percy  put himself between him and her.
"Don't touch her!"

"The knife, Percy," Annabeth muttered. Her breath was shallow. "Hero . . . cursed blade . . ." He moved forward wih the dagger in his hand ready to kill Luke.

Luke seemed to know what he was thinking. He moistened his lips. "You can't . . . can't do it yourself.
He'll break my control. He'll defend himself. Only my hand. I know where. I can . . . can keep him controlled." Percy remembered a previous conversation with Rachel, then he looked at his friends and sister. She managed to get on her feet, clutching her ribs with her good hand. She nodded at him and he got the message.

"Give it to him." And he did. Luke unlatched the side straps of his armor, exposing a small bit of his skin just under his left arm, a place that would be very hard to hit. With difficulty, he stabbed himself. It wasn't a deep cut, but Luke howled. His eyes glowed like lava. Percy ran to shield his sister as Grover was doing with Annabeth. The throne room shook. An aura of energy surrounded Luke, growing brighter and brighter. Everyone closed their eyes and after a long silence they looked  again. Luke layed sprawled near the hearth in a circle of ash.

Everyone knelt around him. Annabeth was helped by Grover and Andy by Percy. Luke gazed at Annabeth. "You knew. I almost killed you, but you knew . . ."

"Shhh." Her voice trembled. "You were a hero at the end, Luke. You'll go to Elysium." He shook his head weakly.

"Think . . . rebirth. Try for three times. Isles of the Blest."

Annabeth sniffled. "You always pushed yourself too hard."

He held up his charred hand. Annabeth touched his fingertips.
"Did you . . ." Luke coughed and his lips glistened red. "Did you love me?"

Annabeth wiped her tears away. "There was a time I thought . . . well, I thought . . .You were like a brother to me, Luke," she said softly. "But I didn't love you."

He nodded, as if he'd expected it. He winced in pain.

"We can get ambrosia," Grover said. "We can—"

"Grover," Luke gulped. "You're the bravest satyr I ever knew. But no. There's no healing. . . ."
Another cough.

He gripped Percy's sleeve. "Ethan. Me. All the unclaimed. Don't let it . . . Don't let it happen again."
His eyes were angry, but pleading too.

"I won't," he said. "I promise."

"Andy...tell Thalia...tell her that I l-"he coughed again.

"It's alright Luke. I will."
Luke nodded, and his hand went slack. Soon the Olympians came in the room in full battle gear expecting a fight. They saw them and Percy faced the gods.
"We need a shroud, a shroud for the son of Hermes."