It was obvious that Raman's behaviour didn't go well with him and he looked miffed. Handling one Angry Bhalla Man was more than enough for tonight, Ishita did not want another one right now. So she silently obliged and continued to eat in silence.

---------

A pack of cigarettes flashed in front of Raman's eyes while he was trying to divert his mind by checking some files on his mac. He shifted his gaze from his screen to the person who was holding the packet.

Ishita said "Aise kyun dekh rahe ho? Yahi toh chahye hoga aapko is waqt"

He was still confused as to what she meant, when she explained "Apni pareshani toh aap kisi se share karne wale ho nahi. Phir adhi raat ko jab sab so jayenge, aapko Papa ke shelf se ye packet churani padegi aur phir balcony me jaake smoke karna hoga. Maine socha, as a wife, it is my duty ke mai apne husband se co-operate karun aur unki help karun"

As obvious, she was being sarcastic.

"Sorry" said Raman feeling ashamed.

"Don't be, if you don't mean it Raman" she remarked.

"Trust me, I really mean it Ishita" he tried to convince her.

"If that's the case, tell me what's bothering you. Mai aapki biwi hoon Raman. Mujhe jaanne ka haq hai ke kis baat se aap pareshan ho rahe ho" she demanded.

Pushing the macbook aside, Raman held his head in his hands and helplessly spoke "I don't know how to say it. Mujhe dar lag raha hai"

"Ramannnn" pouring all the love she harbours for him, she gently pushed his arms away and cupped his cheeks saying "Just say it Raman. Mai hoon aapke sath"

"I am scared Ishita" a tear dropped on his cheek.

"Hua kya hai? Now you are scaring me too" she panicked.

"Ishita! Please promise me ke you will be fine" he held her hands firmly.

How could she promise him something which she wasn't sure of? Yet, she knew whatever it is, she had to be strong to face it. Assuring herself that she will try her best to be fine with whatever he is going to say, she nodded her head in affirmative.

"Ishita...Humein kal hospital jaana hoga" he said.

"Hospital? Par kyun?" Numerous fleeting thoughts flashed her mind in a matter of seconds.

"Tumhare liye" he apprehensively said.

"Mere liye? Mujhe kya hua hai?" She was even more confused.

"Tumhari Doctor se baat hui aaj. It's been more than 6 months since we last visited her. Unhone kaha tha ke jab tak tum poori tarah recover nahi ho jaati, humein regularly tumhare kuch tests karne honge. But I was being careless about it. Mai apne hi uljhanon me itna kho gaya tha ke I didn't realise I was ignoring your health. How can I be so careless Ishita? How could I ignore your health?" he revealed.

Ishita's head began to throb mildly on the mention of her accident. A slight shiver coursed through her body. Darkness covered her vision and she went blank for a moment. She closed her eyes feeling weak due to the sudden change in her body.

"Ishita....Ishitaaaa.....Ishitaaaaa" Raman shook her and panicked.

That's when she came back to her senses and realised she had to be strong for Raman. She could not show him that she was affected.

"Haan" she said trying to sound strong.

"Tum theek ho na?" He asked worriedly.

"Haan. Mai bilkul theek hoon" she flashed a smile to assure him.

He pulled her into his chest and clasped his arms around her tightly.

"Raman....I am fine" she said caressing his back "And I will be fine Raman. Aap pareshan mat ho. Sab sahi hoga" she assured him that she would be medically fine too.

"I am scared Ishita. I have been so careless. Agar iska galat asar tumhari health par hua ho toh mai khud ko kabhi maaf nahi kar paaunga" he cried making his grip stronger around her.

"Shhh...shhh....ye sab sochna chod do please. Sab theek hoga" she assured him and herself at the same time.

-------

Having finished her chores, Ishita sat on her side of the bed drinking a glass of water before she lied down.

"Ishita" she heard a feeble call and turned to face Raman who was lying on the bed with his eyes closed and an arm resting on his forehead "Mere paas raho please" he pleaded without changing his position.

Ishita immediately shifted near him, caressing his beard assured him "Mai aapke paas hi hoon Raman. Aur hamesha rahungi"

He wrapped an arm around her and held her hand with the other one, keeping her as close as possible and pressed his lips firmly on her forehead.

For the first time, in Ishita's memory, they had spent the night in each other's arms. She prayed and wished to spend every night in his embrace.

--------To be continued--------

I know this was kind of bleh🙈
Phir Bhi Karte Raho Mujhse Pyar🙈🙈🙈