Chapter 51

Hi All!
Be prepared for a JHATKA
PS: Don't hate me for this update

---------

As advised by the doctor, Ishita was told she was in coma for 10 months. Ishita accepted what she was told with ease. All that mattered to her was that her baby was safe. She was overjoyed to see her baby, her daughter Ruhi, a 10 month old girl who was adorable and gelled well with her.

Raman had decided that he would shift to his apartment where he had lived for 9 years when he was away from Bhalla House, as he did not want to trouble Ishita with his presence around her. He was unknown to the fact that Ishita was in love with him before the accident, all he knew rather assumed was that she detested him and held him responsible for all the wrongs that happened in her life. Mihika was busy tending to Ishita at the hospital and was unable to tell him the truth about Ishita's love for him. But when she came to know that he was planning to shift his abode, she immediately called him and begged him to stay back stating that she had something important to share with him. She had decided that once she was back home, she would mail Ishita's diary to Raman and through that he will be able to know the truth.

Ishita was discharged from the hospital after 2 days. Mihika took her to her apartment in Akash Ganga Society, telling her that this is where she lived now and Bhallas were their generous neighbours who had helped her in raising Ruhi in Ishita's absence. Thankfully, Ishita did not ask much about the last 10 months. She seemed to be pleased with the fact that her baby was safe and in her arms.

When Ishita and Mihika stepped into the elevator, Mihika's phone began to ring. The call was from Raman to know if they reached home safely. As Mihika could not talk to Raman in Ishita's presence, she stepped out asking Ishita to hold the elevator for her. Quickly briefing Raman about their whereabouts Mihika stepped back into the elevator. She extended her hand to press the floor number but found no. 4, their destination floor number, already pressed. However she didn't pay much heed to it.

On reaching home, she led Ishita to her room and insited her to rest while she retired to the kitchen after settling Ruhi with her toys. She was amidst cooking Sambar when she got a call from her office asking her to submit a file she was supposed to complete that day. Mihika hadn't found the time to work on that file since she was busy with her sister in the hospital. She asked for an hour to complete the file and got busy working on it, totally forgetting the dal she had kept on the stove.

"Kya jal raha hai?" Asked Ishita coming to the kitchen.

"Aiyyo" Mihika held her head remembering about the dal and rushed to the kitchen. She quickly switched off the stove but could not save the dal from burning.

"Aise kahan khoyi hui thi tu ke na pressure cooker ki seeti sunayi di, na dal jalne ki badboo aayi" Ishita asked surprised.

"Office ka kaam Akka. Aap itna surprised kyun ho? Ye pehli baar thodi hua hai. Aapko toh pata hai ki mai kisi ek kaam me lag jaati hoon toh poori duniya bhool jaati hoon" she giggled mocking herself.

"Achha?" Ishita asked and laughed along.

"Par ab lunch me kya khayenge? Dal toh maine jala diya. Aur extra dal bhi nahi hai ghar pe" Mihika looked worried.

"Koi baat nahi. Kuch aur banalenge" said Ishita.

"Phir in sabziyon ka kya karenge jo maine sambar keliye kaatke rakhe the?" She asked.

"Ummmm.....veg pulao bana lete hain" Ishita suggested.

"Idea toh achha hai. Par banana kise aata hai?" Mihika frowned.

"Mujhe aata hai na. Maine seekha hai Maa se" Ishita replied.

"Thank God! You are a saviour Akka" Mihika hugged her from behind and kissed her on her cheek.