Chapter 41

Hi All!

There seems to be some error with the update...

I got to knw that u r nt able to cmnt on this part...

I hv tried deleting the part and republishing it but the problem seems to continue...

Thanks anu99967 and @Threeta for letting me knw abt the problem u r facing...

Republishing again...hopefully it works this time..

---------------------

Days passed but there was no improvement in Ishita's condition. She would still spend hours in recalling her past and end up with a panic attack. Too much of sedatives were affecting her mental stability and the doctor had warned Raman that if this continues, she might go back to coma or go mentally sick.

Either cases were scary and Raman didn't want to take any chances with her health. He became extra cautious and over protective towards her which in turn resulted in his negligence towards Ruhi.

He was once in the kitchen boiling water for Ruhi's milk when he heard Ishita screaming from her room. Forgetting everything else, he left a wailing Ruhi on the kitchen counter near the burning cook top and rushed to Ishita's side. Ruhi was crying her lungs out but Raman was completely deaf towards her as all his attention was on Ishita. When he had calmed Ishita down and returned to the kitchen, he realised what a blunder he had committed.

This incident shook his insides and made him aware of the fact that he could not handle the two alone. He had failed to be the mother to Ruhi and the guardian to her mother. He needed help, he needed someone who could take the responsibility of the two, he needed someone whom he could rely on, someone he could completely trust. He could remember only one such person, his mother, Santoshi Bhalla.

His mother was a kind and amicable person, always lending her hand to those in need. He was sure she would never deny taking the responsibility of Ishita and Ruhi, and would treat them like her own.

His father was no different either. He had a big heart with a place for everyone in his heart. Sadly, the only person who had failed to make a place in his heart was Raman himself. If not, his father wouldn't have abandoned him and asked him to leave the house 9 years ago!

Raman painfully accepted the fact that he neither had a place in his father's heart, nor in his house. He always made an attempt to make them proud but never to go back to them. He knew they would be keeping a tab on his progress, he hoped they were proud of his achievements, he believed it was their blessings and prayers that made it possible for him to achieve great heights of success in such young age. He loved them dearly, he missed them badly, yet could not go back to them.

Now what? The doors of his father's house were closed for him. Then how would he seek his mother's help in taking care of Ishita and Ruhi.

Would he knock at his father's door leaving behind his ego?

Of course, he would!
When it came to Ishita, nothing mattered to him more than her well being.

He dialled the landline of the Bhalla house after 9 long years.

"Hello" said Mrs.Bhalla receiving the call.

His throat dried as soon as her voice reached his ear.

"Hello" she said again not hearing any voice from the other end.

A sob escaped his mouth and he quickly covered the receiver with his palm not wanting her to hear him.

"Raman?" She asked excitedly.

How did she know it was him? It sounded cliche, it sounded superficial that a mother had recognised her son just by listening him sob. But yes, she did. She knew it was him.

"Raman...tu hai na?" Her voice trembled giving away her emotions.

"Mai jaanti hoon puttar...Tu hi hai" she stated confidently.

"Kuch bol puttar. 10 saal se teri awaz sunne keliye taras gayi hoon mere raja. Simmi mujhe teri interviews sunati hai, tere photos dikhati hai. Par puttar mere kaleje ko tab tak thandak nahi padegi jab tak mai tere moo se 'Maa' shabd na sun loon" Mrs.Bhalla poured out her emotions.

"Maa" he uttered as tears made way on his cheeks.

Mrs.Bhalla could not control her tears anymore and cried like a kid.

Raman sniffed, wiped off his tears and said "Maa...mai aaj shaam ghar aa raha hoon"

He disconnected the call before hearing her reply. He could not fall weak by her tears. Yes, he was going home but not forever. He knew that his father would never be happy about his presence in the house. He would leave Ishita and Ruhi under his mother's care and return to his world of loneliness.

With this plan on mind, he left for the Bhalla house with Ishita and Ruhi and their belongings. He had informed Ishita that she was going to a new place and prepared her to meet new people there.

The moment he saw his mother, he had lost all his strength and he had fallen into her arms like a small kid. For sometime he had forgotten about Ishita and Ruhi too. But then when he heard the cries of Ruhi, he remembered why he was there. He was about to tell his mother about Ishita but Simmi had piped in and assumed Raman and Ishita to be married, Ruhi being their daughter. He wanted to clear the misunderstandings but things had gone out of control before he could give any explanations.

He hadn't expected Ishita to have a panic attack, he was troubled by her reaction and was scared if he had taken the wrong decision of bringing her here. His mother's words about accepting or not accepting Ishita had alarmed him and in the spur of the moment he had decided to hide the truth from her.

His father's acceptance had elated him and he feared that if he told them that he and Ishita were not married, they would abandon him again. He acted a little selfish this time and decided to go with the flow.

Soon he saw Ishita's health improving, Ruhi was also getting the much needed care. And he didn't realise when he forgot the past and began to see his future in the present.

------To be continued-------

Here I am done with the flashback
What transpired after this point is known to you all
So a chotu update here
Next update we will be back to the present