Chapter Fifteen

Magnus sat behind the counter at his shop again. After a month of living in a castle, he was surprised that he actually didn't miss the big walls of the castle. He now understood what Alec meant by calling it a prison. Cat took great care of everything.

    "Magnus, you should eat something." she said, leaning on the counter. "It's been two days since you got back. You'll die of starvation. Then me cat sitting will be me cat adopting, and I don't want your cat. It's too high maintenance."

    "Not hungry. You can go eat, though. I'll stay here and finish my drawings." he replied, with a forced smile.

    "Magnus—fine. I'm going to get food." she was done trying to argue with him, so she walked to the door, and gasped. "Magnus! Get your coat! You have to see this?" Magnus slipped on his jacket, and stepped outside.

    "What are you doing here?" Magnus asked confused as he stepped out onto the street. Alec just smiled and said,

    "I love you." Magnus was crying now,  with a smile spreading across his face. He walked up to the Prince.

    "I still don't understand. Why are you—"

    "Because..." Alec knelt down, and pulled out a ring. "I love you."

    "Alec." he said softly.

    "Come with me, back to Idris. You're right I can't leave my title, but I will be a honour to have you rule with me. I love you. I want us to be normal Magnus and Alec, but maybe with a castle and country to look after. I love you, so Magnus Bane will you marry me?"

    "Alec, your mother—"

    "Would be honour to have you marry her son." the Queen stepped out of the car behind Alec. "I shouldn't have sent you away. I realize now, you are all my son needs. The only thing he been deprived of, love. Please, Magnus, I give you both my blessing." Magnus turned to see Cat crying and video taping everything on her phone, Hodge got out of the car as well, and smiled. Magnus turend back to Alec.

    "Do I need to ask you again?" Alec asked. Magnus laughed.

    "Yes! Ask again! I forgot to hit record on my phone!" Cat cried out from the sidewalk.

    "Magnus, will you—"

    "Yes!" Magnus put on Alec's family ring, and kissed him.

    "I love you."

    "I love you."

    "Third time's a charm!" Hodge stated. They all laughed.