Chapter Eight

Magnus was standing in the Princess' bedroom, worried he would get fired. The princess was gorgeous. She had long, silk black hair, and whereas her brother had beautiful blue eyes, she had dark brown ones that could be mistaken for black. She had sharp cheek bones, and an amazing physique. Although she looked beautiful and intelligent, she also looked like she could make you drop dead with one glance.

    "Your highness? You asked to see me?" Magnus said. The Princess looked up from staring at her closet. Her face light up.

    "Magnus! Come in, come in, and how many times did I tell you to call me Izzy? I need help picking an outfit." Magnus walked in.

    "Occasion?"

    "Date."

    "Who's the lucky man?"

    "Simon Lewis." she sighed.

    "Sounds like you really like him. Sorry, it's none of my business." Magnus added. All he wanted to do was get enough money to return home in style, not get fired in the third day.

    "It's okay to ask questions, and yes, very much." She said, sitting on the edge of her bed. Magnus finally chose a nice white skirt that poofed out only enough to give it body and a cuteness to it. It had blue details on it, so he matched it with a tight blue long sleeve shirt. He gave her nylons, and sliver heels. "Here." She looked at it.

    "I would have never worn this." she told him after she put it on. "but it works and makes me look good! I think i'll keep you around. My last designer would have put me in a victorian dress." Magnus looked horrified. "That's what I thought too." Izzy said commenting on his reaction. "Maybe you could torch my brother's closet and rebuild it from scratch." She said. Magnus smiled.

    "I don't think there's much hope left for his fashion taste. Who ever deals with his clothes really needs to learn a thing or too about trends, and style." Izzy laughed.

    "Well thank you Magnus. I bet Simon will die when he sees me."

    "What country is he from?"

    "Why do you ask?"

    "Is he not a Prince of someplace?"

    "Oh, um...he's not royalty. He's the gardener." she whispered. Magnus gasped dramatically.

    "What a scandal!" Izzy rolled her eyes. "Seriously, what's the deal with Royals not being able to marry non royals?"

    "Why? Got a crush on a royal?" Izzy asked, raising her eyebrows. Magnus shook his head. "Righttt. I believe you. I was supposed to marry Aline's cousin, Sebastian." She gagged. "but I fought my mom. My brother is her next victim." She said sounding sad. "He doesn't have the guts to tell her he can't marry her because of the lack of sexual attraction but..." Izzy shrugged her shoulders. "What can I do." Magnus nodded sadly. "You can always do something, Magnus." he looked down at her.

    "What can I do?"

    "Oh, please. My brother is literal drooling over you! And you try to ignore him because all you want to do is pull him into a kiss!" She made a face like a kindergartener makes when they see their parents kiss.

    "No."

    "Yes."

    "No. I better leave if I want to get your ball gown done in time for Christmas."

When Magnus reached his desk, Clary was fast at work on another dress.

    "Oh! Magnus, I need you to do me a huge favour! Please?" She made a puppy face.

    "What do you need, biscuit?" he asked giving in.

    "Thank you! Jace has my purse, and I can't leave now to get it. He's in the training room. Could you go get it for me?"

    "What's in your purse?" She hesitated.

    "Umm...BIRTH CONTROL! Yeah, birth control. You know, gotta take that on time!" Clary said. Magnus rolled his eyes.

    "Fine. Where's the training room?"

    "Down the hall, right in front of you, the big, heavy, double doors. You can't miss it."

Magnus sighed, as he walked towards the training room. As he pulled the door open. He was hit with warm air. Magnus looked at the sight in front of him. Alexander was shooting arrows exactly into the centre of target. Not only that, but he was shirtless. Magnus seemed to be frozen in place, and couldn't turn away. Alec ran out of arrows, and tossed his quiver to the side, placing his bow on the floor. He stretched his arms above his head, and turned around. Alec's face burned bright red.

    "Um...I was looking for Jace. Clary said she left her purse—" Magnus noticed he was rambling. "I'll just leave." Magnus said turning away.

    "Magnus—wait!" Alec called after him. Magnus turned back, Alec was slipping his shirt back on. "I'll walk you back." When they got into the hallway, Alec started to speak.

    "I've been meaning to talk to you. Things have been..."

    "Awkward?" Magnus suggested.

    "That seems to be an understatement. About what happened in the drive to the airport—"

    "I know. You're royalty. I'm not. Nothing happened. Don't worry, I won't tell anybody. You have a reputation to up hold."

    "Magnus, just listen to me, please?" Alec asked, with pleading eyes. Magnus stopped walking, and faced him. "Thank you." Alec took a deep breath. He looked at Magnus, and took a step closer. They stood chest-to-chest. Alec was tall, taller than most people at the castle, taller than Izzy, and Jace, and definitely Clary, but he wasn't as tall as Magnus. Alec looked up at him. Magnus loved his eyes. They were so indescribable, any description would be unjust. Alec blushed under his stare. Magnus tilted his chin up, and their lips touched. It was sweet and loving and addictive, so much so that when they pulled away, they leaned back in. This time, Alec wrapped his arms around Magnus' neck, and Magnus pulled him closer by the waist. They stayed like that until they needed air.

    "I'm sorry if you thought I didn't like you. I didn't want it to seem as though I was angry with you, or ignoring you—" Alec rambled, but Magnus cut him off with a little peck on the lips.

    "I'm sorry too." Alec smiled, than looked around the hallway. Thank goodness no one was walking though the hall, or that would have been bad. The boys heard footsteps approching, and broke away from each other. Two guards came walking down the hall making their rounds.

    "You highness." They both said with a quick bow. Alec nodded at them, and they walked away.

    "This is going to be difficult." Magnus said, talking about the sneaking around. He then noticed Alec's face, and added, "but I like difficult."