Chapter Nine

Two weeks. That's how long Alec had been sneaking around with Magnus. It was great! Magnus was great. Alec wished he could live a normal life and maybe even move to New York with him. Alec was sitting in his bedroom, in front of his balcony doors, daydreaming. It was currently snowing outside, but Alec had them open. The sun was covered by the snow clouds, so it was grey outside. Alec heard the door of his room creep open, but didn't bother to look back to see who it was, because only two people entered his room without knocking: his sister, and his boyfriend. Alec felt warm arms wrap around his neck. Alec kissed the hand that was dangling in front of his chest.

    "Morning." Magnus mumbled into Alec's hair. "What are you thinking about." Alec shrugged.

    "Things."

    "Things?"

    "Many important things."

    "Oh, I see. You were thinking of me." Alec playfully hit his hand.

    "You're full of yourself. I could have been thinking about...dogs or something."

    "But you weren't. I know you too well." Alec rolled his eyes, and tilted his head back, and kissed Magnus' jaw. Before they could do anything more, their was a knock on the door.

    "Alexander?" Alec cursed. It was his mom.

    "Yes?"

    "May I come in?" she asked. Alec looked at Magnus, then at the door. He quickly shooed the fashion designer into his bathroom. Alec closed the door.

    "Of course." he said. His bedroom door opened, and his mother walked in, dressed in her usual pants and blouse combo. She questioningly looked at Alec, who was secretively standing in front of his closed bathroom door, with his hand on the door knob. Alec stood up straight, and walked towards his mother.

    "Is there something you needed?" he asked her. She nodded, slightly, as she walked around the room.

    "I know you probably don't want to talk about it again, but Princess Aline, will arrive shortly."

    "When was this arranged? She isn't supposed to arrive for another few days."

    "Well, the public is only believing what they're hearing. They 'know' you two are dating over long distance since you first meet her last December. But they've never seen you two out in public together. We need to get you two out and about a good few days prior to the proposal."

    "You want me to pretend to date her in public?"

    "No. I want you to actually date her in public. Alexander, why do you refuse to ask her out! Take her on a date! You two will have to like each other if you're going to get married!"

    "But I don't want to marry her!"

    "Why not! She's perfect for you!"

    "No she isn't!"

    "Alexander, I will not argue over this. You are just trying to rebel against me, like your sister."

    "Izzy's in love with Simon mother. She didn't just not want to marry Sebastian to see how you would react to it!"

    "You just don't want to marry her, because I set you two up! Well, that's not very nice to Aline! Once you pass your rebellious faze, I'm sure you'll love her! She's beautiful and smart! What more could you want." Alec felt like he had this same conversation/argument with his mother already, oh! Maybe that's because he did!

    "Just leave." Alec said, in a scary calm anger voice. His mother stared daggers at him.

    "Sometimes I wish you had died instead of Max." She said, before slamming the door. Alec had tears running down his face. He turned around, only to find himself, in Magnus' arms. He cried into the other boy's shoulder. Magnus gripped onto him, protectively. After Alec has stopped crying, Magnus cupped Alec's face.

    "I love you." Magnus whispered. "I know we never said it before. I know i haven't known you for long. And I know this isn't the right time, but I think you need to know, that I love you."

    "It's a perfect time." Alec kissed Magnus with force, as if it were the last kiss he would ever have with him. He was so thankful for him, yet he had only known him for a few weeks. Was this what love felt like? Was love not caring about the amount of time you've had with someone but about the way you feel in their presence? Is it when they look at you, and you want to kiss them for no reason other than you can? Is it just the feeling of joy when you know you have someone who will hold you when you need to be held?

    "I love you." Alec said, pulling away. Magnus pressed his lips against Alec's, immediately. They moved like one, in rhythm with each other. Magnus took a hold of Alec, and lifted him up onto the nearest surface, which was his desk. Alec wrapped his legs around his waist. Magnus kissed Alec neck, being careful not to leave any marks for his mother to find. They were in love, and didn't care about anything else right now. All that mattered was them. Alec and Magnus. Magnus and Alec. That was until, someone started to knock on his door. Alec groaned, annoyed. He untangled himself from Magnus, and jumped off the desk. Magnus looked just as annoyed if not more. Alec opened the door a sliver, and saw Izzy standing in the hall.

    "What?"

    "You sound and look as if you just ran a marathon."

    "Maybe i'm practicing. What do you want?"

    "Well you seem pissy." She observed.

    "I'll remember to say that to you when I walk in on you and Simon making out. Can you leave now?" Alec said.

    "No."

    "Well, let me rephrase that. Leave. Now."

    "I came to tell you Aline has arrived, but by all means, continue to eat your boyfriend's face. I'll just send her to come interrupt you. I'm sure your girlfriend would love to meet your boyfriend." Izzy said, sassily, before strutting off.  Alec closed the door, and banged his head against it.

    "Please don't make me go." Alec begged Magnus.

    "You sound like a whining child." Alec made a puppy dog face. "You know I would much rather keep you locked up in my bedroom, darling, and preferably in New York. Far, far away from other people but, you have to go down and meet her. Plus I have work to do."

    "But I don't want to."

    "And to think, you're the Prince and air to the thrown of a country." Magnus said shaking his head, jokingly. He walked up to Alec, and kissed him, yet again. This time it was nice, slow, and loving.

    "Come see me later." Magnus said with a wink, making Alec blush crazily.