Chapter Eleven

There was one day left until the big party and Alec was taking a walk with Aline through the streets of town. People stopped and pointed, and whispered to each other, as Alec and the Princess walked passed them. They weren't engrossed in a conversation, because Aline rather look at all the Christmas decor, the people of the town put up. They were coming up to Angel Square, the oldest part of Alicante. This was were the declaration of independence for Idris was signed. As they passed a large, and rather loud group of woman, Alec over heard what they were saying.

    "That's the prince and that princess from...oh! I can't remember. I don't think they suit each other one bit!" One of the lady's said.

    "I agree, you know he doesn't seem happy at all. And you know, ever since he came back from America, he's been smiling in more of those photos in the news, but ever since this princess has come, he's back to his old serious self." Another added.

    "Can't agree more! I think the Queen set this up. Oh, I wish the poor boy or his sister would take over. I think that woman is just so fake, and untrustworthy!" That's when Alec stopped listening, although he couldn't help but laugh at the comments.    

    "What is it dear?" Aline asked. Alec looked at her, his laugh and smile fading.

    "Nothing. Is there something you want to do?" Aline studied his face for a moment.

    "Why don't we head back. I'm getting quite tired." She fake yawned.

    "If you want to stay—"

    "I believe you do not, so why let you be unhappy? I shall go where you go. I you want to leave. So, let's go." Alec admired her devotion to him, he truly did. If he had never met Magnus, and wouldn't have fought this marriage as hard, he wouldn't mind being stuck with her. Maybe they could become good friends. Alec nodded, and they made there decent back to the castle.

***

Alec was buttoning his suit. Wow. He couldn't believe that there was no way out of this. He wished there was a way, but he couldn't think of one that ended happily ever after.

    "If you think so hard, you'll have permanent wrinkles." Magnus said, tying Alec's bow tie.

    "Would you love me less, if I had wrinkles?" Alec asked. Magnus broke out into  a laugh.

    "Never." he finally said. Magnus finished the tie, and went to drop his hands, but Alec caught them in his. He brought them up to his face, so that Magnus would concentrate on him.

    "I have to do it." he told his lover sadly. "I really don't want to. I want to have you." Alec said. Magnus kissed a tear off of Alec's cheek.

    "I know. I want you too. Listen to me, Alexander." When his mother or sister called him Alexander, it was with mockery or anger, or guilt. When Magnus called him by his full name, it was like a song he never not wanted to hear. It was beautiful and he gave it meaning. "You have to do it, and I do not, i repeat I do NOT blame you, or think you love her more. Okay?" Alec nodded. "Good. Now, they need more wait staff, so I'll be in the hall outside the ball room, if you need anything, okay?" Alec replied with a kiss, and Magnus fell into it with great ease. How could Alec give up this man?