Chapter 20

Hi guys!

Picture of the outfits above.

I'll see ya after the chapter

Enjoy!

____

The Annual Iiliria Day Ball was going to start in 3 hours, and Dean had already made sure everything was perfect. It was not his job, but he knew Calista, and the other mentors would be busy with the security, and foreign guests, he was happy to help.

Calista Thorton had been a mother to Dean ever since he came to the school. His parents were in the war and were killed there, Calista then took Dean's responsibility. Calista always made him learn all the official work too. She would tell him to learn as it would be his one day.

Dean didn't want the school or the responsibility of the town. He was happy being a support to Calista.

"The work here is done, Dean. Go rest, the guests will start arriving soon," Asher told him, making Dean agitated.

"I'll be fine," Dean said, biting back the rudeness on the tip of his tongue.

"I know. I'm sorry, just being..." Asher was saying.

"A mother?" Dean cut Asher off who just sighed.

"It's okay Dean, I get it you know, you like Annie," Asher said softly, taking Dean by surprise. He calmed himself and looked at Asher with a passive face.

"What are you saying? I don't like TJ like that," Dean said waving his hand. Of course, he wasn't a fool to admit it TJ's boyfriend.

"Can we talk somewhere else?" Asher asked, looking around. No one was looking at them but Dean knew better. He nodded and turned around, and started to walk for Asher to follow.

As they reached inside Dean's room, he closed the door behind him. The door couldn't even stop TJ from barging in, what good was it?

He smiled a bit as he remembered TJ's reaction when she and Amaya saw him shirtless. He enjoyed her reaction, it gave him a good ego boost.

"I don't know why we are here, I have nothing to talk to you," Dean said walking towards his dresser.

"You and I both know we have," Asher said calmly, confusing Dean. Wasn't TJ his girlfriend? How can he be so calm when he knows Dean liked her? "Look, Dean, I don't want to fight, not when it's over Annie's affection. I just want you to tell Annie about your feelings," Asher explained and Dean raised his eyebrow at him.

"I don't get it" Dean decided to clear his doubts, "First you claim that I have feelings for TJ, then you tell me to go tell her. Aren't you her boyfriend? Aren't you supposed to beat me or get jealous that TJ spends most of her time with me despite you knowing my feelings for her?" Dean said a bit arrogantly but Asher's expression remained calm but a ghost of a smile was there on his lips.

"You have no idea what happens to me when I see Annie with other guys. I was burning inside when I saw her getting tackled by those boys at the lacrosse camp. I can see how much male attention she gets while she is unaware of everything. I do get jealous, so jealous that I wish she was invisible like I was. But I can't be so selfish," Asher said and Dean was curious. He remained quiet and let Asher continue.

"Dean, I saw her when she thought I was dead. I know it's psychopathic, and wrong to hear, but I felt happy when I saw her crying for me. I wanted to stop her, yes. I wanted to shout, and scream and tell her I was there, double yes. But I knew something for sure, she loved me. She loves me, and I trust her. I've trusted her since the day I saw her. Weird, I know. But I knew I could trust her when I saw her, and when I got to know her, I saw that too, she's crazy loyal. She won't leave you, if she loves you, she would die but won't leave you," Asher told Dean who thought that his heart was replaced by drums.