Levi sighed, and finally agreed. He lazily stood up from his chair, placing his hands on his pockets. He was walking pass Mr. Smith and stopped when he was in front of the curtains. “Tell me if he makes you uncomfortable in any way. I’ll kill him even if he’s a teacher.”

You simply laughed. “Please Levi, I’ll be fine,” you smiled, assuring him your safety. I mean, this is Mr. Erwin Smith we’re talking about.

You could tell that he was unsatisfied with your answer, but still exited the room. “I’ll be outside if you need me.”

When Levi closed the door shut, Mr. Smith proceeded to sit on the chair that was on your bedside. “How are you feeling?” he asked, making a gentle face.

“Physically better but Levi really confused me back there.” Shit. Why did you have to say that? It was too weird to disclose it to him.

“I see. What did Levi do to you anyway?” Fuck. Now he’s interested.

“Well…” No point lying to him. It seems they are unusually close, after all. “He did kinda say he wanted me to live with him?” you said, your voice trailing off to the end. Then, you continued it with a loud, fake laugh.

“I see,” he simply said, nodding slowly. You stopped laughing when you saw that he seemed to disapprove.

“Anyway…” you jollily said, making him snap back to reality from whatever he was having deep thoughts of. “What did you want to talk about, sir?”

“Call me Erwin when we’re not around students,” he simply said, and then turned back to his serious expression.

“Have you noticed anything strange about Levi?”

You were dumbfounded. Strange? Why, is there anything wrong?

“Strange? How?” you asked, you head slightly tilted to the side.

“Well, you could say in his behavior. Has he been demonstrating unseen acts around you lately?” he replied.

You looked back. His question made sense.

“Well, he is acting a bit hostile lately…” you said.

Erwin did not give any reactions. He continued with his interrogation. “Could you describe with what you mean by hostile?”

“Uhhh…” you slurred as you tried to think back. “Well, it just happened a while ago, when you were coming in. I could see in his eyes that he could kill. He took the paring knife on the table when we heard you coming closer. At the moment your fingers were on the curtains, I could feel his bloodlust.”

“Anything else?” he asked once more.

“He does seem overprotective. I mean, it is normal for a guy to be overprotective to his girlfriend, but then he places it on a whole new level. He would always walk me home, and wait for me to sleep. He would act hostile towards Eren, and all the other guys I talk to. I always see him, really.”

“Please explain further.”

“I mean… the fuck. He was there when Jean was killed,” you said, looking down. You were happy to see him, yes, but then there is this one tiny voice in your head questioning on why he was there. “He had a flashlight. Why was he at school that time? I told him to go home. Why did he have a flashlight?”

You were shaking. You were crumbling down under but you still tried to hold on. There were things that you couldn’t see. Why was this the only time?