Chapter 1 : A New Town

Running... always running...

I can't see anything but I can't stop. They'll get me. Kill me.

The cold air pierces my lungs and throat, it hurts so much. I can feel them all around me and they want to kill me. Closing in. No matter how fast I run they're everywhere.

In front of me, behind me, all around me. Closer. My powers don't work and I can't fight them.

Claws, teeth, red eyes....

Suddenly they all lunge and bite into my flesh.

I scream, kicking wildly.

"Willow! Are you alright? What's wrong?" My sister runs into my room looking frantic.

I catch my breath and realize it was only a nightmare.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just a nightmare" my heart pounding and sweat dripping off my skin.

"Another one?" She looked concerned.

"Yeah, they've come every night lately" I told her rubbing my eyes.

"Are you getting any sleep?"

"Not really but I'll be fine, that's why there's coffee" attempting to lighten the mood.

"Since we're up I'll go make some. You going to jump in the shower?"

"Yes, gotta get ready for my first day of school" I perked up a little. Got out of bed, headed to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and took off my mom's pendant that I always wore then took a hot shower. Trying to wash away the nightmares.

After my shower I put on my skinny jeans and favorite baby blue tank top that hugs my chest and flares out around my waist, brushed my hair as my golden hair falls around my shoulders and headed downstairs. My sister already sipping her coffee while making breakfast for us. I poured myself a cup of coffee with cream and sugar then sat down to eat.

"I don't understand how you can drink it like that" she said as she scrunched her face.

"Because Mair, I like my coffee sweet" I said as I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Alright weirdo, eat up or you're going to be late. Are you nervous?"

"A little but moving around so much I got used to being the new girl" I shrugged.

We ate our breakfast, did the dishes and made sure we both had everything. Her first day working at the hospital and my first day at a new school. Both excited and both nervous. Put on our shoes, I grabbed my converse to put in my bag, grabbed our stuff then headed out.

This is my first store published. Hope you all like it!