xxvi. ruined dreams

[ 13 / 08 / 2017 ]
IMAGINES
xxvi. RUINED DREAMS
parents kill more dreams than anybody

 RUINED DREAMS❝ parents kill more dreams than anybody ❞▬

catrin williams

today was shawn's illuminate tour show in my hometown. unfortunately, my parents wouldn't buy me tickets. they said "it's not worth the money."

i was walking around town, where the arena was. there was posters all over there about shawn being there. i was hearing people talk about him and how they couldn't wait to see him tonight.

after a while, i decided to leave town; everyone talking about shawn saddened me. i headed to the beach instead, it was a warm day but it was rather empty.

as i was walking along the beach, a ball came my way. i quickly ducked as it passed very close to my head. i reached down the pick up the ball when it had landed, turning to face the group that it came from.

"mike! you have the worst aim, you almost hit her!" i hear a thick canadian accent shout.

i make my way over to the group of boys who are now looking towards me. as i get closer i feel my insides freeze. it's shawn and his team.

i shakily hand my ball back to shawn, who smiles widely. "thank you love, what's your name?"

"uh-i'm catrin." i smile nervously.

he smiles. "thank you again, i'm sorry about mike's awful aim. i'll see you tonight?"

i frown and shake my head. "i'm not going."

he frowns. "why not? was there no tickets left?"

i shake my head again. "my parents wouldn't buy them for me because it apparently wasn't worth the money."

he frowns. "i can get you one if you want, i can arrange for you to pick it up at the door. you can have vip too if you want."

"thank you, but i'm not sure my parents would let me go." i sigh.

by now, the rest of his team have carried on playing football while we stand out of the way.

"here, take my number. you won't leak it right?" he asks, pulling his phone out.

i shake my head, smiling a little. i pull my phone out too as he shows me his number for me to type in.

"text me and let me know if you're allowed. i hope you can." he smiles.

"can we have a photo? it's okay if you don't want to. it was better to have a conversation with you." i smile.

"of course honey," he smiles, taking my phone and taking a few photos.

"thank you." i smile, hugging him.

"it's okay love, i'll see you later hopefully." he smiles.

i leave him to go back to his team as i carry on walking, finding my way home.

as i walk in, my parents are sat in the kitchen. making my way over, i take a deep breath and cross my fingers.

"hey," i smile. "i just got offered a free ticket and meet and greet to shawn's concert tonight. can i please go?" i ask.

my dad sighs. "darling it's not that we don't want you to go, we do. but concerts are dangerous, you don't know what's going to happen there."

"does that mean it's a no?" i frown.

"yes darling, i'm sorry." my mother says.

i sigh. "okay." i turn around and walked up to my room, falling onto my bed.

i pull out my phone and bring up shawn contact in messages.

catrin [me]
hey shawn, it's catrin. my parents said no about the concert :(((

i press send and slip it back into my pocket and continue walking. my phone beeped but i ignored it, not wanting to see shawn's message in reply. why do parents have to ruin dreams the most?

so i scrapped half of it; it was meant to be 1,300+ words but it was shit and didn't know how to end it :///