vii. singing

[ 23 / 08 / 2016 ]
IMAGINES
vii. SINGING

shawn mendes

shawn mendes

i was currently sitting at my desk, currently taking a break from writing songs. i had just scrolled past catrin's latest tweet.

catrin @catrinwilliamss
i make so many mistakes and get mad about them later on like it was someone else's fault.

i get a knock on my door before it opens to see aaliyah walking in with her phone in her hand.

"what's up with catrin recently? she hasn't been over in a while and you haven't been seeing her. she's also posting sad tweets." aaliyah says, looking down at her phone.

"she's going through a rough time right now with her family and is refusing to let me see her in that state so we're only texting at the moment. do you want to help me make her feel better? or at least try?"

she raises her head to look at me, "sure, what do we do?"

"we're going to record a video of us singing her favourite song, and at the end we're going to tell her how much we love her and hopes she feels better soon."

"that's great! what's her favourite song?" she asks placing her phone down on my bed.

"it's photograph by ed sheeran, you know it?"

aaliyah nods confidentially, "yup, every word."

"great, let me get the background tune and set up my phone then we can start."

she nods before sitting on my bed, picking up her phone as it vibrates in her hand. my phone then vibrates, notifying catrin tweeted something.

i hear aaliyah sigh as i unlock my phone going onto twitter. catrin's tweet pops up on my screen.

catrin @catrinwilliamss
a smile hides my pain, a hug hides my heartache, and a laugh covers my tears.

i quickly favourite it and reply;

Shawn Mendes @ShawnMendes
@catrinwilliamss i love you, stay strong for me baby ❤️

because of me having millions of fans, mostly all of them adore catrin. lots quickly favourite her tweet as well as my reply. i notice they all are tweeting her to get better with a new hashtag; #getbettersooncatrin.

"it's already trending," aaliyah says, while looking at her phone "that's insane."

i nod, looking at the trending hashtags to see it at number 7 already. "they do love her a lot."

"anyway, ready to record?" aaliyah asks putting her phone down.

"yep,"

i decide to post it on twitter.

Shawn Mendes @ShawnMendes
@aaliyahmendess and i videoed this for @catrinwilliamss because it's her favourite song. hope you like it baby. stay strong and i love you ❤️ #getbettersooncatrin

within minutes i have thousands of favourites, replies and retweets.

catrin @catrinwilliamss
thank you guys, i love you ❤️