xxvii. cliffs

[ 17 / 08 / 2017 ]
IMAGINES
xxvii. CLIFFS

third person

third person

catrin made her way up the mountain to her favourite cliff hangover. she had just argued with her parents so needed to get out, nobody knew of this place – no one that she knew of anyway.

shawn however, made his way up that very same mountain; making his way to the same place. as he got there, a slight groan left his mouth. however stopped when he saw what the girl was doing. she was stood with her back to him – probably unaware of him there – at the very edge of the cliff; sitting down with her legs hanging over.

the boys first instinct was she's going to jump so made his way over quickly. "don't," the words left his mouth without him knowing.

startled, the girl turned her head to see the brunette haired boy walking over. she slid back and swung her legs around so she was now facing him. it was then he saw the tears running down her face.

once he'd reached her, shawn knelt down in front of her, eventually sitting down. "please don't jump off." he murmured.

she shook her head. "i wasn't going to, i always come up here when i need a break from things. i sit on the overhang and just look over the town, it makes me calm. i wasn't going to jump." she smiles, wiping her tears.

shawn nods. "i come up here too, it's like my getaway from everything. why are you crying?"

"my parents are getting divorced, they told me today. i didn't care much because i knew it takes a while, but the court is tomorrow, it's been going on for three months and they're telling me the day before the officially divorce." she sniffed.

the boy frowns. "why would they keep it from you?"

"'cause they thought it would be better for me." the girl shrugs. "why are you here?"

it's then the girl looks up and studies the boy in front of her. "wait, you're shawn mendes."

the brunette sighs, it was stupid of him to think the girl wouldn't recognise him. "please don't tell anyone you saw me up here. this is my only place to get away from everything."

the girl frowns. "why would i? then people would find me too. i don't want that either."

shawn smiles at the girl, his phone blaring with noise making him sigh. "well i guess i can't hide from everyone."

the girl nods before standing. "i'd best be going, nice meeting you pop star." she teases.

shawn rolls his eyes, smiling as he looks up at her. "thanks, cliff hanger."