xvii. roses

[ 22 / 12 / 2016 ]
IMAGINES
xvii. ROSES

shawn mendes

shawn mendes

i notice her down the halls of the school, her new boyfriend stuck to her side. she looks so much happier with him as she talks and laughs with her friends.

sighing, i take the books i need out of my locker. i shut it and make my way to class.

we've been out together before, i thought she seemed happy when we were together. but then i saw her with him and she looked so much happier.

he can't feel the same though, when i think of her my mind goes wild. surly she feels the same?

i walk behind them at a distance after school. they hold hands while walking along the pavement towards her house.

after about an hour of standing outside her house, pacing back and forth along the pavement. i'm sure i've started to leave a dent i've walked up and down it so much.

i finally get the courage to knock on her door. i hear commotion from inside before the door opens and catrin comes into view.

"shawn? what are you doing here? i'm kinda busy right now.." she trails off, looking back behind the door.

"i- i just wanted to give you this." i say, holding out a singular red rose.

"i- shawn you know i have a boyfriend now." she sighs.

"it's not that i don't care about the love you have. it's not that i don't want to see you smile, but there's no way he can feel the same cause when i think of you my mind goes wild."

i sigh. "i'm sorry. you're happy with him, i'll just go."

as i turn away, i hear her sigh. "shawn, finish what you were going to say."

i turn around. "i- i can't. i'm sorry." with that i run off home.

after a couple of days pass, catrin hasn't mentioned anything after that day and i'm really glad she hasn't.

it's currently during class. i've managed to slip to the 'toilet', where as in reality i wanted to put something in catrin's locker.

finding her locker, i carefully enter her code that i've learnt and remembered recently. her locker is clean and tidy, it represents her a lot.

i know her boyfriend isn't in today, so there's no chance of him seeing her find it.

i slip the rose and note in and quickly shut her locker and run back to class. seating back down in my seat, i sigh and continue to pay attention to the class.

after class, i see catrin go to her locker so i quickly speed pass and run to my next class. i just hope the note wasn't too much.

it wasn't until i got to my locker after school that catrin was there waiting for me. when she sees me, she smiles.

"i got your note," she grins, holding it up.

"huh?" i question dumbly.

"it wasn't you?" she asks, now confused.

i shake my head, playing along. she frowns. "oh, i thought it was you. i'd best go then."

as she turns around to walk off, i grin and grab her arm, turning her back around. "i'm joking, it was me."

she grins. "thanks for the rose. how did you know they're my favourite flower?"

i shrug, "i do my research."

"well it was very sweet, thank you."

she leans closer and hugs me. "i'll let it grow."