xxv. let me fall in love

[ 06 / 08 / 2017 ]
IMAGINES
xxv. LET ME FALL IN LOVE

 LET ME FALL IN LOVE▬

shawn mendes

"shawn, come here! i want to introduce you to my friend!" i see catrin running up to me, followed by a girl who she's dragging along with her.

"this is casey. casey, this is my best friend shawn." catrin says, holding onto my arm.

"hey." i greet. "look, catrin i really have to go. i'm meant to be meeting someone in five minutes."

she frowns. "who?"

i sigh. "how many times have i told you? i teach bethany guitar on a wednesday then i'm taking her out for food in the cafe down the road."

she nods, sighing. "i thought we could hang out today."

"sorry, i'm busy today. hang out with casey. we can do something friday, i'm training tomorrow." i say, walking backwards.

she nods. "see you."

as i continue walking home, i chuckle at the face she made when i said i was tutoring bethany. she's never questioned me about bethany, but what catrin didn't know was that bethany was 9 years old.

walking into my house, bethany is sat on the sofa with her guitar. my mother must have let her in. "hey beth," i smile, walking over.

"hey," she smiles.

"sorry, i bumped into catrin. let me go and get my guitar." she smiles and nods. i run upstairs and grab my guitar, walking back down.

"how are things with you two?" she grins. she knows about my feelings for catrin.

i shrug. "i still haven't told her, it's getting really hard to be friends when i'm so close to giving in and just kissing her as soon as i see her. in a way i know she feels the same, she just never speaks up about it because she doesn't want anything to go further just in case she loses me."

she nods. "that's unlucky." i nod.

we walk into the cafe, her guitar on her back in its case. i smile at her mother who's behind the counter as we walk in. her family owns the cafe. bethany runs past the counter and through the doors to put her guitar away.

"hey shawn," bethany's mum greets. "how was it?"

"she's getting really good. no doubt she'll show you later." i chuckle.

she chuckles. "the usual?" i nod and hand her over the money.

she smiles and walks off, preparing my coffee and sandwich.

catrin williams

casey is calling...

i answer the phone to hear casey telling me that shawn just walked into the cafe. i really want to see this bethany girl he's teaching guitar then taking out for food. i bet she's some blonde girl who pretends to learn while she admires him.

i walk into the cafe and go and sit next to casey in the booth, facing shawn. he's smiling and laughing with the woman behind the counter.

we continue to watch him until he gets given his order and he's chatting to the woman again.

"have you seen bethany?" i ask casey. she nods.

as shawn eats his sandwich, a little girl comes running out from behind the counter. she runs over to shawn and sits next to him. he talks to her for a bit as he eats before she looks over towards us, making us look down quickly.

we see her turning back to shawn and whispering in his ear as she giggles. shawn then looks over to us and makes eye contact with me, making him grin. he looks back down to the girl and says something before getting up and walking over.

"hey," he grins, sitting down opposite us.

"hey," i smile. "who's that? looks like i'm being replaced as your best friend." i chuckle, placing a hand over my heart dramatically.

"that's bethany, the girl i teach guitar. her family owns this place." he replies.

"aw, she's cute." i smile, pretending to not be shocked that's the girl he's teaching.

shawn mendes

as we leave the cafe, casey leaves us, walking the opposite way. we walk in silence for a few minutes, me being too scared to say anything just in case i blurt anything out. but that's exactly what happens.

"look, catrin. i can't keep being your friend, i'm way too in love with you. i don't know what you're scared about when it comes to being with me. you know you'll never lose me. i'm tired of pretending, i'm ready to give in. i already get the special treatment other boys don't, just at least give it a try." i blurt.

she looks shocked, then frowns. "i gotta go." she murmurs before running off.

dedicated to the song 'let me fall in love' by my bby sebastian, who deserves way more recognition bc he's the cutest bean ever and i love him way too much :)))

ps. he gives really good hugs