xxiii. changing [ii]

[ 16 / 02 / 2017 ]
IMAGINES
xxiii. CHANGING
never forget who was with you from the start

 CHANGING❝ never forget who was with you from the start ❞▬

shawn mendes

i sat on my sofa, wondering what changed over the years. what happened while i was gone?

"what's wrong honey? you look like you're in deep thoughts." i hear my mother say as she walks by, seating herself next to me.

i sigh. "i went to see catrin today. she could barely look at me, she hates me."

i see my mother sigh. "try and put yourself in her position. what would you have felt like if she suddenly left to get signed in america and you didn't see her for three years even though she was home and she suddenly turns up on your doorstep."

"i guess. but she said i've changed, fame has changed me. it hasn't, has it?" i ask.

"i may be your mother, but i see you as perfect any way you are. she knows what you were like before you left, she was your best friend don't forget. she knew everything about you." she explains.

"but i don't know what she meant by fame has changed me." i sigh.

aaliyah burst into the room, her phone in her hand. "you went to see catrin?! bro she hates you!"

"aaliyah!" mum scolds.

"sorry. but why? dude if her boyfriend finds out you'll be dead meat."

"boyfriend?" i question.

"yeah. she's been dating him for nearly two years, they got close after you left." she shrugs typing away on her phone.

i frown. "you're making it sound like i just left her."

aaliyah looks up. "that's because it is what you did."

"she knew i was growing bigger on vine though. she knew at some point i may get noticed by someone who would want to sign me."

"yes, and she was willing to be there for you every step of the way. you just dumped her and made new friends who you know damn well are only really your friends because your famous." aaliyah says. "you had no idea how much that broke her shawn, to see her best friend leave her behind for fame. someone who always said they would never let anything get in the way, did."

"aaliyah's right." my mothers says softly. "she was a mess after you left, seeing you make other friends and posting it all over your social medias. it really did break her. brandon helped her pick herself up again."

"brandon?" i question.

"her boyfriend." aaliyah mumbles.

"yeah i guessed. but brandon from school?"

aaliyah nods. "it was the word of the school after you left, he saw the state she was in and took her under his wing. he was there for her when you weren't."

"she knows i hate him. why would she do that?" i mumble.

"because you left her shawn! there was no one for her at school. all your friends left her after you did!"

"what?" i ask, not knowing any of this.

"they all ditched her, she was alone for months before brandon starting hanging around with her. everyone would give her pitiful looks whenever they walked past her because her only real friend left."

"brandon lewis is nothing but a dickhead, why him?!"

"he came up to me before approaching her! he asked me where you had disappeared to. when i told him he was shocked that you would just leave her like that. she was the only friend that stuck with and believed in you when you said you wanted to become a singer and what did you do? leave her. maybe you should have thought harder about becoming famous, catrin is right. fame has changed you."

oooo go aaliyah you savage

idek why you all wanted a part 2 of this, but this is what i came up with