Chapter 3 (Investigation)-Just When We Thought It Was Over

And so, the investigation to find out Haō's and Miaya's murderer began. Part of me promised myself something, I will not let Atsuya out again. This is MY body and he has no right to take over me. Monokuma popped up and began to laugh.

"Looks like the edgy counsellor and the painter girl are out of commission!"

We all glared towards the headmaster, the real monster. No matter who kills someone, the real villain will always be them.

"Whoa, you all look extremely angry at little old me! So let me just place these right here. Its the Monokuma file version three!"

(Truth Bullet Gained: Monokuma File 3)

I picked mine up reluctantly and looked over its contents. Still clenching my fist in anger towards the bear.

"Get out of here now, Monokuma..."

"Aww, is little Kyo upset?! Also one last thing, since someone killed...they now have all your voodoo dolls!! I stole all of them while you guys were asleep! Sorry, I just couldn't help myself! Upupupu!"

Monokuma waddled as fast as he could out of the room, laughing like a lunatic. And so, once again the investigation began. I was beginning to lose hope in everyone, one by one we might all be gone in the next few days. However, I just decided to play along with it.

"Alright, everyone. I guess I should split us up once again."

I looked around at each of my classmates, all of them showed determination and passion in their eyes. This is what made me able to continue on, I shouldn't be showing weakness and despair. I should be giving it my all to find the killer of this case. Just like I've done two times before.

"Mayu, Sosuke and Ayaka. I'm putting you three in charge of searching Haō's body. Kuro, Fuyu and Akane. You'll be primarily focused on Miaya's body. Mikino and Koremi, search the hallways and the blood trails. Everyone, let's do our best to find the killer!"

I still wondered about something. Why would the killer need voodoo dolls and for what purpose. The whole idea of using voodoo dolls was really arbitrary to me.

(Truth Bullet Gained: Voodoo Dolls)

The group split up once more, each of them heading to their assigned location. As for me, I was deciding whether to let the other me out. He was overall better at this stuff then I could ever be. However, I really didn't want to. A huge part of me was fighting to keep control of my own body, I could tell Atsuya was getting extremely mad at me. I just had to force him to stay back.

"I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice and let you out."

I headed to the third floor and found Mikino investigating a blood trail. It traveled down the hall in a zigzag shape.

"Heya, Mikino. Found anything out about the blood trail?"

She scratched her head and turned towards me.

"Well, the trail starts from the laundry room all the way to the staff room. Honestly, how the hell could someone lose so much blood?"

"I don't know...it has to be possible somehow. The killer must've intended to confuse us."

"Stupid douchebag killers! Always trying to fuck shit up for everyone!"

(Truth Bullet Gained: Laundry Room to Staff Room Blood Trail)

Now, I got my chance to go and investigate Hao's corpse. It's weird, when I first saw it. I felt such a sense of familiarity. I have to figure that reason out somehow. When I entered the staff room I found the three people I appointed to it, searching every nook and cranny of the room for clues. I headed on over to Sosuke.