Chapter 22 - Rebel Heart

Start from the beginning

Pushing back from the table, I hesitate about leaving my stuff there for Maid to wash and put away, I take my bowl over and rinse it... bloody Avalon! She is a fiery little being, she can be relaxed as anything but totally ready at the same time.

Grabbing my bag I see heron her horse, now rug-less and glistening in the sun. I wonder what she feeds it and if can I eat it? It's a musclely thing and is prancing and dancing on the spot making it's deep colour flicker with gold, as Avalon adjusts her bag on her back. Avalon had changed her top to what is probably one of mine but she's still wearing her jeans. It's kind of non irritating now to see her wearing my top.

"Are you riding her to school?" I ask curiously, leaning against my car.

"Yep," she smiles – thank god she's okay with me.

"Are you even allowed?" I throw my bag into the passenger seat.

She just shrugs a mischievous glint in her blue eyes.

"I'll beat you there," she grins and clicks the horse forward and Amber clears Samantha's fence like a kangaroo on steroids and takes off down the grass toward school. Avalon's hair streaming out the back like the horses tail.

**

I don't pass Av on the way to school and I don't see her in the hallways, knowing her she found some old person to stop and talk to. I wonder where she'll keep the horse... and how many people it will terrorise

"Seth, we need to talk," I close my eyes at the sound of Amanda's voice. I wish she had met Av's horse this morning... nice and up close. She is one of those girls who thinks she's in America toting around one of tiny shaking dogs in a bag on the weekend.

"No we don't Amanda, For God sake what the hell is wrong with you?" I turn on her,      "piss off and leave me alone. So what I screwed you big fricken deal, you didn't care when it was happening... get over it... I bloody don't like like you."

She takes a step back, confusion and hurt written over her face. So what? She's not the only one to lose it or give it to me and she won't be the last.

'But the teddy and the note..." she stammers.

"What?" I ask not having a clue what she's on about. Something changes in her face, something hardens.

"You're not getting out of this Seth, no way. We are together and that's it," she hisses the end bit as a few of her mates turn up. Sam steps up with a grin on his face at Amanda's parasitic presence which he knows is annoying the crap out of me.

"Oh no, guys look what's ventured out of the dregs of the toilet, its disgusting Scummy Dunny! You know something Scummy? I could follow your slimy brown stinking trail all the way back to__"

She never got to finish it because she was slammed with such a force against the lockers that her breathe whooshed out of her like a popped balloon.

Before anyone could react Avalon's fist flew up and delivered Amanda the most badass uppercut I've ever seen a chick give. Amanda's chin flew up and blood spurted from her nose or mouth, she collapsed on the floor in a heap. Avalon rolled her over with her foot.

"If I hear you speak to D like again, I will really let you have it bitch!" then she looked up, I mean descriptions where they say people's eyes flash with anger but you never really believe it... well that's changed. Avalon's eyes not only flashed they were a bushfire of anger as they looked around at us surprised spectators, " and  that goes for anyone of you!" She pushed off of Amanda's body with her boot and walked off to Scu – D, who had the widest eyes I've ever seen in my life. Avalon grabbed her arm and hauled her off down the corridor with a couple of Av's friends trailing after them.