Chapter 5

Robin's POV
The batmobile was difficult to drive, and I always crashed it, so I wasn't allowed to drive it. Especially not since it had just be rebuilt. Batman would kill me when he wasn't half dead in the back seat.
"Pull over..." He muttered from Superman's lap. All the other seats were taken by everyone, so in the heat of the moment Batman was just thrust into someone's lap.
"Shush. He's doing fine." I heard superman say. That wouldn't be enough to save me when Batman hears about how I managed to trick the wheel into thinking I was him.
"Hey, what happened in there? You look terrible." Arrow said. He was riding shot gun with me, mainly to help with driving. I looked up for a minute to see how bad it was, and nearly ran off the road.
"Wait. Batman just tried saying something." Clark said, making me slow down. I heard muttering and then Clark sighed in exasperation.
"Robin, you may wanna speed up. Take us to headquarters." He said. Everyone leaned closer to him, expecting a reason.
"He told me that there's several cars behind us that have been following us since we got out of the warehouse." Arrow leaned out the window, looking back.
"He's right. Three cars." I started to panic slightly. I've never gone faster than this. What if I lose control of the vehicle. It'll be bad for all of us. Well. Arrow, Batman, and myself. We don't heal too fast. Unlike the Flash, Superman, and Super Woman. I pushed the pedal down a little farther, anxious. We hit a bump, making Batman groan in the back seat.
"Let someone else drive, next time." He said, mainly to Superman. Suddenly it got quiet, and I cringed into my seat. He just caught on.
"Let me explain..." I said when the air got tense.
"Please do. Explain how your driving my car, that I just fixed, that only responds to me." Arrow looked from me to the back seat, slowly assessing the awkward situation.
"I... Broke it." I said quietly, my foot pressing the gas down farther. There was a few seconds where I thought he may have keeled over.
"My car..." Superman hushed him, and I heard a small pained gasp.
"How did they torture you? I see slashed and burns. And what are the bruises from?" Superman was probably seeing more than any of us, with his x-ray vision.
"There was shock therapy. Not the head kind. A whip, which hurt more than getting shocked. They had me stuffed in a bird cage. I barely fit." He muttered, bitterness coating his voice. I was glad that he wasn't focusing on me, but at the same time, this wasn't better.
"There's another car now." The Flash said, distracting Batman. Everyone focused on that, and not the atmosphere in the car. I noticed a sudden decline in speed, and looked at the gas light.
"Guys. We're about to be out of gas, and something tells me we're still too far from headquarters to get in touch with the rest of the League." I decided to take every detour possible. Be it safe or not.
"Robin, this is still a rescue mission. Our priority is getting Batman back to headquarters." Superman said. I explored different ways this could work. And an idea struck me.
"Flash, I need you to get Arrow to headquarters. Superman, you'll be in charge of getting Batman there. Super Woman, can I have a lift?" They all eyed each other. Everyone nodded, and Superman was first to open his door, flying Batman out. Arrow grabbed his seat, looking back anxiously.
"I can get there myself. I can do it myself." A red streak shot by and him and the Flash were gone, the door was closed and the seat belt already locked back in. Superwoman climbed up to the front seat, getting ready to grab me as soon as I was ready. I opened my door, taking my seatbelt off.
"Let's go." I said, before she grabbed me.

Arrow's POV
It always got on my nerves when this happened. We were already back at headquarters, and I was watching Berry as he searched for food. The moment we got back he had collapsed. After calling Katelyn I was able to relax. Apparently he just needs to eat a lot.
"You know, we could just go get food." I suggested. He sped over to me, falling when he got close.
"Good plan. Let's do that." He said, out of breath. I pulled him up, resisting the urge to smile at him needing me. It was nice once in a while.

Superman's POV
We were almost back to headquarters, and I could tell Batman was tired.
"What happened to you?" I asked, trying not to sound to forceful. He sighed, and looked up. The sun was completely out now.
"A lot. First they just shocked me. Endlessly. Just when I might black out they stopped. Then they started with the stabbing. I have no fucking clue what they were using, but it was hell. It didn't last long, cause they switched to a whip after that. No break between. Each time it hit me I thought that I would crack. I didn't, though. Even when they poured salt on each gash. And even when he came back at me with brute force. I think he was using a cane... A damn cane." I tried not envisioning it too much. It seemed that the only time his face was injured was when he was struck in the jaw. Other than that, the Joker seemed to have avoided that area.
"Damn. Not much time for naps I take it? I hope they didn't do anything while you were asleep." He looked up at me when I said that, so I met his eyes.
"I didn't sleep. They wouldn't let me. How long was I even there." I sighed before replying.
"Five days. I missed you, Bruce. I spent all my time looking for you. We used every resource we had." I looked down to him, and realized his eyes had closed. I leaned down and placed a kiss on his lips.
"I'm still awake." He said, one eye opening.
"Good."