Chapter Thirty Six: World Famous (In New Zealand!): Part I

Start from the beginning

"Yeah!" Chase exclaimed, high fiving Tyler across the table. We all headed out of the cafe, talking excitedly about the trip to New Zealand.

"Looks like we're gonna have to postpone that date of ours." I told Tyler. He pouted slightly and I giggled at him.

"No worries. We'll figure it out." Tyler said optimistically. We all headed down to base to pack for our trip, Chase telling us not to pack anything too warm because it's hot down in New Zealand this time of year. Kendall was able to get us all tickets on the short notice, all of the seats with each other. We all headed to the airport, while reassuring Ivan and Koda that the plane ride would be fine and nothing will go wrong. They were still a nervous mess, when I decided to talk to the air hostess to have her process all of our tickets and passports.

"Are they always this nervous about flying?" The air hostess, Whitney, asked, looking back at Koda and Ivan. I giggled.

"It's their first time." I told her. "We're all friends and heading to New Zealand for a vacation." I told her. Whitney smiled at little and passed back all of the processed tickets and our passports.

"Well, I wish you all a good vacation." Whitney told me, smiling.

"Thank you." I thanked her and headed back to my friends. Our flight was announced and we headed to the airplane and got settled in for the flight.

*Time Skip*
Our flight was a smooth one, after the initial excitement from Koda and Ivan, they busied themselves with the tv's and the food on the flight. My seat was next to Tyler's so we slept for most of the plane ride, I ended up sleeping on his shoulder and he rested his head on top of mine. We each had our own earbuds in, playing our own music to block off of the noise on the plane and sleep for the plane ride. We finally landed in Auckland, New Zealand. After we got off of the plane, we each scavenged the luggage belt for all of our bags. Once we all found them, we regrouped and found the van that Kendall had rented for us, a driver waiting for us.

"I propose that we take a gander around Auckland before we locate this Albert character." Ivan spoke up.

"I second that." I said, supporting his idea. The others agreed as well and the driver came to a stop on our first tour point. We all flooded out of the van.

"Okay, here we have the Sky Tower. It has a restaurant on the top that rotates all the way around from which you can see all of Auckland." Chase informed us. I grinned and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I took a picture of the Sky Tower. Tyler pulled me closer to him, so I could be in the group selfie with the Sky Tower behind us. After Tyler clicked the picture, Shelby spoke up.

"Okay, let's go to the ferry." Shelby said, planning our next stop. We climbed back into the van and the driver took us to the boat docks and we got on the Ferry just in time before it left. We found the perfect spot at the edge of the second floor of the Ferry to see everything. Chase was talking to his family, finally for him to get a good connection. I had sent my dad a text earlier saying that I was in Auckland for work, but he told me that he was in the South Islands and he and his now fiance were moving back to Amber Beach soon. Both of their jobs relocated back into the US. "Oh! Dolphins!" Shelby exclaimed, drawing our attention away from the city and to the place where dolphins were jumping out of the water and diving back in gracefully. "There!" Shelby pointed out, causing a new wave of excitement to wash over our small group. I pulled my phone out and took a few picture of the dolphins.

"We go swim!" Koda exclaimed, pulling his shirt off and was about to jump off of the ferry to jump into the ocean. Tyler, Riley and Ivan all caught him in time, shouting a 'no!' while catching him. Koda pulled his shirt back on and nodded, understanding our reasoning. The ferry pulled back to the docks and our van and driver was waiting for us. He drove us all to a place where we could rent our own van so we could do our own thing. We rented a black van, while that was getting sorted, a few of us talked around, trying to get an address on Albert. We finally got an address, well kind of an address. The only known place on where Albert would be was in a specific spot in the woods. Chase dorve us there, considering he's the only one with a New Zealand license. We drove quite a bit into the woods.