Chapter 29

Nothing here is glamour-made, nothing here is too much. It's all perfect. We missed the  emperor's speech, but we will not miss the ball. Scarlet drags me all around looking to make sure I don't run into Levana, or anyone else that would try to kill me.
    I try to remember my manners saying please, and thank you. Trying to curtsy without falling, and most importantly making sure my weapons were hidden in the folds of the dress.
    There is a chip detector I forgot what Scarlet said about them but I do have one. The thing beeps green, I start to walk slowly... Then I see her, Levana dancing with the prince.
    The poor Prince looks worn, probably from Levana. I could pity him but I've had to live with her, and plenty worse for 15 years. While he gets occasional vists, I would die for the chance.
  Finally Scarlet comes to my side, and the song ends I quickly slip into his mind to make him see me. Only me.
  He looks up at me walking down the stairs, I put on my best smile. I gracefully lift up my dress, so I can walk downstairs, putting one hand on the rail too. He comes to me, he looks panicked. He knows I'm using glamour, the poor guy has had that happen to him too many times.
   I make him put a smile on his face. A bead of sweat falls down the middle of his face. He gives out a hand, which I take. The next song starts. Green letters flash across my eyes.
So This Is Love
Played in Disney's Recreation Of Cinderella in Animation
Written by: Anthony Michael, Roth David Lee, V-
I blink the words away with an eye flutter. His eyes widen, I giggle. I step on his foot, I make him remain calm and keep dancing. I start to sweat, he chuckles, then covers it up with a polite cough.
I whisper "sorry" to him because I feel bad. I suppose no one really deserves to be glamoured. Except Levana, definitely. He whispers back, "if your sorry then why keep doing it?"
  I smirk, he smirks. I think of reasonable response, then it pops right into my head. "Then Levana will have you, and trust me she is worse than me."  He looks defeated, "What do you want?" I make myself look pleased.
  "Smart boy. But I don't want, I need. After this song is over you'll take me out of the ballroom, and in many corridors, until you see a lunar guard outside the door. You and I will go in. That's all you have to do."
   He eyes me suspiciously, I'm glad I have the mask that Scarlet gave me. He starts to twirl me, my dress, flows. The knife hidden in my glove slips out, I grab it at the last second, hoping no one saw. Kai did though, his eyes widen. I will him to be quiet.
The song ends I make him smile though his eyes do not. His eyes worry. I tell him to calm down, in his mind. But still his eyes are as big as Luna.
He guides me down corridors, not saying a word. Then I see him, Jacin. I run to him, I capture him into a hug, he looks at me gives me a little pat on the head. I forgot he is in guard formation. Kai stays with his jaw to the ground, I will him to come over.
He walks very slowly, I will him to go faster. He stands next to Jacin, Jacin mouths, "One Minute." I take Kai, in the room. His jaw still to the floor.
"What we Lunars aren't all bad." I say in an innocent tone, he rolls his eyes. "Do your remember him?" I ask, remembering my one birthday, where Kai came over. He thinks, really hard. He shrugs, "No, why, should I?" I shake my head, he sighs.
I remember why I'm here, "So, Kai. Okay here comes the... Uh bad part." I hold firm on the knife I had in my glove, now on my hand. I run past him and grab his chest, to pull him towards me,with one hand around his neck, I put the knife really close to his neck, he flinches.
Instead of counting on him to say anything, I will him to say. "Please, don't hurt me. What do you want?" I laugh as I remember what to say, "I told you it's not what I want but what I need! If you want to live you must marry the Lunar Queen." I'm sure he would rather die, but I will him to say, "Never!"
I make him look scared, "we got to put on a show for the cameras" I whisper. He looks confused but he gives a small nod. "Then you will die!" I put the knife to his neck.
Comm from Satellite Girl.
Earthen cameras are off.
I blink away the information. "No! Please don't!" Kai says continuing the show. I come back to reality, "You must marry Queen Levana! I have been sent by Mistress Sybil, and I will not fail my master!"
Comm from Satellite Girl.
Lunar cameras are off.
I put down the knife, and fall onto the couch. He looks relived and feels his neck. "I gave you a scratch, calm down."
He looks at me, I drop all glamor on him. "Jacin how we looking on company." I say through the door. "No one has come yet, it's not like them." I take that as we should get out of here fast.
I hold out my hand, Kai just looks at it. "Take it." I say, he doesn't budge I grab him and cut into his arm where Scarlet told me. He winces, I smile. "Sorry, we can't have anyone tracking us." He thinks, for a moment or two.
And finally says, "I have another one. But I won't tell you where it is until, you tell me who you are, and what your doing." He pouts, I smile. He's cute when he pouts. No! Focus on the plan Cinder.
"I'll explain everything to you... Later. But I have to survive this first." He sighs and points behind his ears, I cut it out. I rip a piece of my shash around the place I cut him. He looks at me, and to my surprise, smiles.
"We have Earthen Company." Jacin says, I hear gunshots. "Which do you want gun, or knife. You can have two knives if you want... Yeah I'll just take the gun." I hand him the knife, he drops it. "I won't touch them."
"Fine Levana was probably going to use you against me anyway." I grumble, I slip into his mind, just so Levana can't. I also slip into Jacin's mind. I kick the door open, and make Kai run with us. I see at least 10 earthen solders on the ground, and ten more coming.
   "We're not going to survive this, we have to get out of here." I say, Kai nods over and over again, and Jacin just starts running I will Kai to run with us. He runs, but faster than me. I suppose that should've doing been something that on the farm, but I can't turn back time.
    "What on Earth are you doing! I have a country to run! Levana will takeover my country while I'm gone." Kai says over dramatically. "Well... If she does that... Then we'll... Just kill her." I say out of breath, Kai smirks as if running faster than me is a plus.
     "We could take him back you know. Just leave him here head back to Luna, Winter has missed you." Jacin suggested, it's obvious he doesn't care about Kai. "We can't! That's... The whole point... In doing this!" I said.
     Jacin points to the stairs, "Quickly there are no cameras there! He puts his hand on my back and gently pushes me forward every now and then.
     I trip on my dress, I fall face flat. My nose hurts, really bad, I should get up. Instead I look up I see Kai, and Jacin gone, and Earthen solders surrounding me. They escaped, I search for their bioelectricity, stopped at the top of the stairs...

         I will them to go on, without me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Hoi! Readers! I hope you like how Kai and Cinder met as teens. If you didn't I had a lot of weirder options, that one I chose because I felt like it fit better. A lot better, and originally Cinder would've escaped, but I couldn't figure out very many ways to keep Thorne in this. So bam! Cinder goes to jail! It will have to work a bit differently, because she hasn't met Dr. Darnel as the human.