Chapter Thirty: Snow Dragon, Tamed

-Snow Palace, Throne Room-

Royal Advisor Shiyou stepped through the curtain first and saw Naruto with Hisame ten feet from the bottom of the stairs. "I present to you, her royal highness Princess Koyuki Kazihana."

Princess Koyuki walked out calm but slightly nervous, and sat on her throne.

Naruto smiled and gave a small polite bow.

Hisame gave a deep, very respectful bow.

"Ko... Princess Koyuki, I present to you Hisame, leader of... uh, the enemy shinobi. Sorry, I forgot to ask if they had a name." Naruto said with an 'oops' grin.

"We were called the Snow Dragon, and as their leader I formally offer you my total surrender." Hisame said and bowed in submission, a single tear fell to the floor as she bowed. "I hope I'm allowed a quick honorable death." Hisame whispered sadly.

Naruto's enhanced hearing picked up her near silent plea, he glaced at her and sighed with quiet sadness. "You won't die." Naruto whispered so only Hisame heard.

Hisame stood straight up filled with hope, but kept her emotions hidden.

"Guards, take the prisoner to the..." Advisor Shiyou said.

"NO." Naruto interupted with authority.

Everyone looked at Naruto shocked, especially Advisor Shiyou.

Shiyou was about to yell at Naruto for interupting him and countermanding his order, when he saw the look on Naruto's face and got a strong feeling he should stay quiet.

"Princess Koyuki, may I talk to you alone?" Naruto said politely.

"It's about Hisame I presume?" Princess Koyuki said calmly, though she was smiling on the inside.

"Hai, and don't worry about Hisame, you have my word she won't cause any trouble." Naruto said confidently.

Princess Koyuki nodded, stood and walked through the curtain to her right where she'd entered.

Naruto followed her moments later.

The second they were alone in the hall Princess Koyuki turned to Naruto, dropped to her knees and hugged him tightly around his waist. "You saved my country again Naruto-sama how can I ever repay you... just name your reward, anything I have is yours for the asking..." Princess Koyuki leaned back and looked up at Naruto. "Anything." Princess Koyuki said and smiled slyly.

Naruto knew she meant it and what she implied. Naruto smiled, took her shoulders and helped her up. "Thank you Koyuki-chan, I'll let you know later. I want to talk about Hisame... she thinks you're going to execute her, I'd like you to spare her and her remaining army." Naruto said.

princess Koyuki was slightly apprehensive. "Do you have something in mind Naruto-sama? I'd do anything for you, but are you sure she's not dangerous anymore?" Princess Koyuki said and bit her bottom lip.

Naruto gave her a big foxy grin. "I do, and you're in no danger... trust me."

-Battlefield-

Kakashi watched Anko direct everyone, and four Sakura Shadow Clones, as they spread out around the battlefield to see who was alive, injured and dead. Everyone that knew healing jutsu used it where needed, Kakashi turned and saw the two hundred Snow Shinobi approach, lead by Kabushi and Yugito. "This went better than expected, the enemy deaths were kept to a minimum at least, it looks like eighty to a hundred of six hundred were killed... I hope the final count is lower than that."

Out in the field Tenten is finding and disarming any survivors, and either sends them to Anko or the nearest Sakura Shadow Clone to be healed first.