1.2

Andy seemed the most excited, which was strange because I never really thought that he would enjoy being the topic of conversation. But I guess after his time of being popular in the other universe, his opinions had changed. It kind of made me laugh, but in a nice way. He and Sam practically skipped down the street, bright smiles on their faces. Jake and I were strolling behind the pair, hand in hand. He kept glancing at me from the corner of his eyes, and I was unsure as to why. "What's up with you?" I asked him, a light giggle shortly following my words. He shook his head, turning his gaze to the ground as a cheeky smile adorned his face. I nudged him, my elbow softly jutting into his ribs. "What?" I pressed, as he then began to chuckle quietly. He was so warm, so genuine. I couldn't help but smile back at the boy beside me, and when his eyes finally met my own, he welcomed the gesture.

"You just look really pretty." He admitted, adding a tiny shake of his head. He was already blushing, but his news caused me to do the same. I looked down at my clothing choices, appreciative of his thoughts. My father had told me to wear something comfortable, but also that I should try to look formal. I did my best to follow his instructions, and ended up choosing a light pink dress that ended at my knees. The skirt wasn't fitted, so whenever I would turn around, the dress would move with me. I squeezed Jake's hand as a way to say thank you, and as we were slowly approaching our destination, I stood on my toes and touched my lips to his cheek.

"You look really nice, too." I told him, watching as his smile grew wider. Only a few metres in front of us, Sam spun around on his heels, ushering us forward. I peeked over his shoulder, spotting a lonely Felix standing by the door of the police station. I smiled at his presence, and we all hurried toward him.

"This is it." Andy stated, grinning at the Goth who greeted us with a warm smile.

"Everyone's going to be looking at us!" Sam cheered, relishing in the fact that we were now celebrities. It was no secret that Sam liked to be in the spotlight, and the twinkle in his eyes let us all know how pumped he actually was. Felix moved his eyes to me, but I was the one who initiated the quick hug. He still smelt the same, a little unpleasant. It didn't really bother me though, as I was overjoyed to see him again.

"Are you ready?" He asked me, a knowing smile gracing his lips. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I returned to Jake's side.

"Are you joking?" I quipped, raising an eyebrow at his smirk. Andy interrupted any further conversation between myself and Felix, but it was lucky that he told us about his plans before actually going along with it.

"This is our chance to tell the world about magic." Clearly buzzed at the thought, he bounced on his heels. Any trace of a smile dropped from Felix's face as he stared at the boy in slight disgust, the unforeseen anticipation startling him.

"We're not telling the world anything." He said sternly, his features suddenly hard. Andy's grin was also gone, due to the Goth's unexpected anger. Sam made a choked sound, like this was a shock to him also.

"We'd be legends, Felix." He interjected, his mouth agape as he looked on in disbelief.

"No, really..." Felix shook his head, a sigh falling from his lips. Then his eyes narrowed, strongly disturbed by the topic and the thoughts of others in our small group. His voice was hard, extremely serious. "I mean it. Magic has to be kept a secret." Sam and Andy shared a strange glance, obviously not actively registering their friend's severity. I turned my eyes up to Jake, only to find he was already looking at me. I could tell by the apprehensive expression on his face that he with Felix on this particular argument, and so was I.

"Guys, he's right." I said, gesturing to the irritated boy in front of us. "We can't tell anybody about this." Felix was grateful that I was standing up for his words, and he sent thankful eyes toward myself and Jake.