"I wouldn't complain, honestly." Dani said. "It's the thought that counts."

"But that's the thing! The thought. I didn't think enough that maybe Natasha wanted something different, something that she would absolutely love. I gave her fuzzy socks because  I thought everyone loves fuzzy socks. I guess that I just don't care about my friends that deeply."

"I think you care deeply about your friends." Dani said. "You care enough to give them a present, even if it's a shitty one. I'll help you Christmas shop if you'd like?"

I looked at Dani, and she was smiling.

"We could also see a cheesy holiday rom com movie on the way if you'd like as well?" She added. "And maybe hot chocolate afterwards?"

I can't help but smile and reached for her hand on the table to grip it tightly.

"That sounds lovely."

***

"Gather around everyone, gather around!" Dennis called out to our group while holding a Santa hat upside down, and shaking it up and down. Our names are in there.

Dennis, Thomas, Natasha, Maverick, Dani, Gina, Margo, and Marco.

We were at the local café where Margo works, and are now sitting at the far side in the corner booth. Margo was busy making espresso drinks behind the counter, and her black apron was smudge with flavoured syrups and steamed milk.

The café was pretty busy since we came in during rush hour, and we watched as Margo and her team of baristas impressively work together to do their job productively.

I'm mostly impressed at how she can talk to the costumers, be friendly, and make a complicated drink at the same time. If I was her, I'd probably just want everyone to leave me the eff alone.

"How long until she gets her break?" Nat asked, staring at Margo.

"We don't know." Dani answered for her.

"Well we shouldn't draw from the Secret Santa names without her. It'll be rude."

"Ugh. Fine." Dennis complained, and putting the Santa hat away.

Marco was sitting uncomfortably in between Natasha and Gina. I frowned and looked at him weirdly.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"It's just that everyone is staring at me." Marco replied.

"Dude, you're not that hot." Gina told him, which made Dennis rolled out a laugh.

"No, not you guys, and I didn't mean it that way! I mean the baristas are. They're staring at me." He said.

Marco glanced at the counter where Margo was, and true enough, the baristas were staring at him and nudging each other.

"God I hate it here." Marco complained, and sipped on his tea. "Who picked this place anyway?"

Everyone stared at Natasha because it was Natasha who picked the place for our little squad to meet up.